Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic

2 posters

Go down

Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic Empty Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic

Post by Springflowers Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/20110531/pl_yblog_exclusive/why-the-white-working-class-is-alienated-pessimistic#mwpphu-container

This economy is badly affecting everyone, but I like this article points out things happening to the working class.

Last edited by Springflowers on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic Empty Re: Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic

Post by Springflowers Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Dont miss the comments...

here was a good one..

America has been dumbed down and outsourced. All those people with degrees doesn't mean they know anything. I am a university graduate but I received a better education in high school than my granddaughters receive at university now. Having a skilled trade is looked down on by elites who can't change a lightbulb. Unions have made a joke out of the word craftsman. We can't go back in time but we can take some of the best things from the era of our parents and grandparents and start doing something right. For one, get the academics out of the government and make them perform at a real job for a while before they think they know everything. Bring back craftsmanship and apprenticeships. Let's stop making things that will break in 90 days and add to the trash heap. Let's do more with less and have some pride in workmanship. Let's make ethics a mandatory course in all high schools. Let's do something before it is just too late.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic Empty Re: Why the white working class is alienated and pessimistic

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Outstanding article. Really an eye-opener for middle class America that have been actually making products here in the US, or excuse me, they use to make products. Disgusting, and scary for everyone what our gov't is doing to all of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:25 pm

This is why I try to buy "made in America" products but everything is made in China. We need manufacturing here in the US. This is the problem. Had a computer problem and called to a person in India...could not even understand her. These jobs need to come back to the US. All of us are suffering as a result. I am disgusted by it all.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:53 pm

laine25 wrote:This is why I try to buy "made in America" products but everything is made in China. We need manufacturing here in the US. This is the problem. Had a computer problem and called to a person in India...could not even understand her. These jobs need to come back to the US. All of us are suffering as a result. I am disgusted by it all.

I try to buy local or American made but it's getting harder. I even bought plastic pots for plants, and they were all Chinese made and this wasn't Walmart either. I refuse to talk to any foreigners regarding business. Like when I call cable company I ask for an American. If everyone did that and refused, we may get somewhere. All the jobs do need to come back.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down