Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Shall we forget HR 589? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Shall we forget HR 589?

+4
gettheminNOVEMBER
mj33
americatheneedy
woodhorse74
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shall we forget HR 589? Empty Shall we forget HR 589?

Post by woodhorse74 Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Does anyone think hr 589 will happen? Being realistic, I don't think it can. So much time has passed since Lee & Scott met with Boehner and Caplan. Why
are we 99ers being ignored.

woodhorse74

Back to top Go down

Shall we forget HR 589? Empty Re: Shall we forget HR 589?

Post by americatheneedy Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:43 pm

They don't care about us. They want us to crawl in a hole and die.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:47 pm

as I think from the appearance on the 'surface' do our state legislatures and federal lawmakers, being that we either are not yet contacting them in great enough numbers to raise their level of concern on human life or they simply just do not really care, we know it's obviously both to some degrees.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Actually you need to do the opposite. You need more people involved and make more noise.

I ask all the time Why are we not beig heard and the answer I get is the unemployed are not loud enough. Its frustrating I know trust me. I have a four day a week job and I am doing all I can. Giving up is not in my blood. No

Shall we forget HR 589? 34243
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:12 pm

They are still pushing for this bill. IMO they need their cosponsors to push for it as well. Its still gaining cosponsors which means lee is doing her best to keep the bill afloat.

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 pm

If Obama wanted this bill 589 to move forward he would have said something and done something. We know Obama doesn't care about the unemployed. We know that the Democrats care a little, but not enough to do much. This bill seems to be low on Rep. Lee's list of priorities as well. We know the Republicans don't care about the unemployed.

The 99ers and unemployed have been marooned on an island. There is no help coming. Obama is not coming to the rescue. There are few resources and food is running out. People are shouting into the wind and calling out for help, but it does no good. A flag is raised with HR 589 scrawled in blood, but it can't be seen from afar. The SOS in the sand is seen by helicopters, which fly overhead and file their stories and then fly for home. The unemployed are left to
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Its a dead issue! 589 is history !! Obama isn't even saying anything about the unemployed at all! He keeps saying Jobs, or its just a bump in the road! What he fails to do and has done his whole term is not realize all he is is talk and speeches without results!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:46 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Its a dead issue! 589 is history !! Obama isn't even saying anything about the unemployed at all! He keeps saying Jobs, or its just a bump in the road! What he fails to do and has done his whole term is not realize all he is is talk and speeches without results!!!

Goolsbee said it was a bump in the road, NOT President Obama. That comment got him "bumped" out of his job, IMO. The President can't create jobs. It is up to Congress to come up with job creation plans. So far it has been almost 155 days with no jobs bills - which the GOP "promised" in their "Pledge to America". Even if Obama waved a magic wand and millions of jobs appeared, Boehner, McConnell and crew would be right there to knock him down.

The president certainly needs a stronger voice - but putting all the blame on him is wrong. It is the fault of the House and the Senate.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:20 am

Well, the bottom line is this:

If you think that Obama doesn't support workers and the unemployed in American you will have a chance to vote for Mitt romney or some other republican.

Just go ahead and vote for your republican savior and shut the hell up.

Afghanistan is all Obama's fault

the unemployment rate is all Obama's fault

The bad economy is all Obama's fault

Anthony Wiener's Weiner is all Obama's fault

Here is the link to the tea party website for your convenience:

http://teapartypatriots.ning.com/

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:23 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Its a dead issue! 589 is history !! Obama isn't even saying anything about the unemployed at all! He keeps saying Jobs, or its just a bump in the road! What he fails to do and has done his whole term is not realize all he is is talk and speeches without results!!!

Goolsbee said it was a bump in the road, NOT President Obama. That comment got him "bumped" out of his job, IMO. The President can't create jobs. It is up to Congress to come up with job creation plans. So far it has been almost 155 days with no jobs bills - which the GOP "promised" in their "Pledge to America". Even if Obama waved a magic wand and millions of jobs appeared, Boehner, McConnell and crew would be right there to knock him down.

The president certainly needs a stronger voice - but putting all the blame on him is wrong. It is the fault of the House and the Senate.

WRONG !!! I heard the pres. say it in one of his magical speeches !!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57 am

It amazes me how someone will defend the GOP who for the most part as they proved last year during their magical speeches in the 'tough poo' Senate sessions wouldn't give an unemployed person air if they had them in a bottle.

The GOP is full of obstructionists who want Obama and the economy to get worse.

I believe it will be poetic justice if the GOP manages to tank the economy further, win in 2012, re-inherit the mess they helped create just in time for heads on pikes, cause IF they win they will be expected to pull magic out of their butts just like Obama and that it's all Obama's fault will only go so far even for them, by then so many people will be fed up and someone will pay dearly. That's my take on it.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:01 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

WRONG !!! I heard the pres. say it in one of his magical speeches !!!

WRONG! I don't know who told you this, but your friend had better go back and check his facts! READ THIS AND WATCH THE VIDEO, then please go back and let this person know that it was NOT President Obama who said this, it was AUSTAN GOOLSBEE!

Goolsbee Calls U.S. Jobs Data 'Bump' on Recovery Path
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/goolsbee-calls-us-jobs-data-bump-on-recovery-path/2011/06/03/AGHOQ6HH_video.html

Please do not post information you "heard". Anything stated as fact must have a link to that information. Rumors and misinformation only breeds negativity.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:24 am

Desp! I said I heard it as I also watched Obama make this speech! It wasn't hearsay! he was on three different networks and said "he didn't think the economy is headed to a second recession but said he thinks these setbacks are just bumps in the road". I am sorry but I watched him and heard him. I do not mean to offend or dispute but give my facts also! I realize I often get emotional and defensive when making comments. But If you or anyone can point out positives from either side that is encouraging especially 589 then please help me and my stress like you and many others. So This tag is not offensive or confrontational but as I see it! Thanks however.. Again for all your efforts and also your dedication to succeed in our cause of help and jobs! But the unemployed as I have said are in the middle and being avoided by all and both parties. However I believe we are now rising to the top of the attention and focus and cannot be ignored.. Yes I still feel Obama is failing us and the economy. he should be in the repubs. face and saying " the repubs. are holding his agenda and goals back and playing politics and hurting many". He should take a strong stand on we the 99er's and unemployed, but he isn't he is trying to hang in the middle and please those on both sides of the isle for his 2012 future, I truly believe this! Sorry but I am trying!!! Thanks!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 am

I also take offense to his BUMPS remarks because similar to Bidens remarks months ago saying "suck it up" and such that He and Obama are minimizing the situation and also ignoring the pain we are suffering! I also heard Obama say this morning that he is initiating a program to put those who need help in college and pay for their education so they can have degrees in specialized fields for their careers and future! Hello! Once again, thats nice speech again but what about today and those with and without degree's but who once had jobs Sir! Focus!!!Focus!!!On todays job problems!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 am

Watch the video I posted. It was not President Obama who said it.
If you can remember what program you saw the President say this, I will try to find it.

At this point, none of us should be playing the "blame game" as Congress does - it isn't going to get us anywhere. Everyone who wants to see Obama as a one term only president can accuse and point fingers at him all day, but in the end, WE are the ones who are going to pay for it with our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 am

At this point I dont care whos to blame as long as they take action to fix it!! Bush, Obama administrations, Congress, Santa Claus, FIX IT!!!! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:37 am

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:39 am

The painful feeling is his difficulties may be bumps to him but they are mountains to us!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:41 am

When I watched it live there were NO boos at all. they were all very respectful and even laughing at the jeep comment, I dont remember hearing the part about the speed bumps though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:43 am

Love the title of that blog: Impeach Obama Today

That is not our agenda here. We are here to advocate for assistance for the unemployed.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:48 am

Oh! I saw that video too with goolesby and he said it very stupid! He stumbles for answers and talks like he doesn't know anything about what is going on!!

I also agree with your final statement! desp, I want him or anyone as president to make a change for us! Him or anyone else! If he gets reelected, then he better snap to and help and fix the problems! I'll still vote for Hillary and I want her to run! Especially if barbie I and barbie II run! I like them but squeeky voices won't get it done. Sorry for this but they will be perceived as air heads !!!

Last edited by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 am

If palin or bachmann get elected as potus Im outta here! I will move my family to another country one way or another. No WAY will I live here with one of those 2 bad people running the country. I really wish Hillary was in.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:58 am

Hillary make Obama look shameful. She is so experienced that she doesn't have to scramble to make a good speech. She knows her stuff and doesn't have to sell herself. I am not a hard core liberal but I think Hillary is also willing to bend or hang in the middle on important issues. But I respect her because she takes a stand and like it or don't like it! Please run Hillary!!!
But I honestly think Obama will try to keep her from being a competitor and make her vice president and set her up for 2016 elections!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 pm

I would settle for Hillary for vice president. Obama needs someone strong for VP. Changes need to be made.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:44 pm

We cannot let HR 589 die.I won't!!!

and sick and tired, I agree with you, I would for the first time in my life consider moving. Palin, Gingrich, Pawlenty,Bachmann do not represent anything I can stomach, I don't speak from a place of unemployment here either, people who only talk ugly, tell you everything that's wrong but give you no substance or ideas except the tried and true, smaller government and less taxes, more ugly talk and more candidate bashing represent nothing I want or I want leading me. I still have faith in America and Americans, I am not ashamed of our people. We have problems, just like every family has problems, I believe we will get through this and I believe that it will take the strong citizens to get us out of this, not the "scare them to death" Palin's, Bachmann's, Pawlenty's and oh yes, wait, let's not forget "slick" Rick Santorum. We voted him out in PA, why he thinks he can do anything more than get airtime is beyond me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum