Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
December 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Recently, several members have made excellent suggestions that several times a week, members meet here, using the Chatbox to discuss new ideas and advocacy campaigns to bring HR 589 to reality.

With less than 5 working weeks left in Congress until the month long August break, action is needed NOW! With the anticipated phase out of EUC08, and the recent report that average duration of unemployment now being 9 months, when Congress returns in September, their focus will shift again to the extension of deadlines.

A day and time would be set, all members are welcome to participate. A moderator would be chosen in order to keep the session running smoothly. This group would be run and managed by our members.

Anyone interested, please let us know by posting here. There is no time to waste. If we want to see any relief in the near future, we must act now.

If you have any suggestions or would like to add other ideas, PLEASE let us know. If there is enough interest, these sessions would begin this week.

Please comment and tell us what you think about this idea!


Last edited by DesperateInRI on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:05 pm

He calls out the GOP for leaving the Chamber while he is speaking:
6:57:53 AND IF THEY'RE PAYING INTO THE SYSTEM IT PAYS FOR FUTURE SCOMBREN RATIONINGS OF AMERICANS -- FUTURE GENERATIONS OF AMERICANS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE ENTITLEMENT PROGRAMS THAT MY COLLEAGUES WHO JUST LEFT THE FLOOR WERE TALKING ABOUT.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Here is the one that he brings the resumes to the Floor:
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=803068651874

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by couth11 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:33 am

10 million plus unemployed to date-We can put that pile of boxes to shame! I cannot believe how disrespectful the GOP is- shamelessly so.

couth11
Member

Posts : 259
Join date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by couth11 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:37 am

I wonder if we could get the resumes of the dearly departed unemployed, as well. I think it would be a very appropriate tribute. Wasn't someone talking about creating a wall - this could be part of the medium.

couth11
Member

Posts : 259
Join date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:26 am

Friends, unfortunately we do not have a full boat of active unemployed. With the unemployed websites that spawned after the original site went down, we are also "separated" in terms of communication and unity.

So with the time element also considered, I think an action for Thursday would be to pen a letter to J.J. Jr. We need a spokesperson and we need that person now. As Desperate has pointed out, he has acted on behalf of our cause previously.

My thought for tonight (I'm hitting the sack) is for each active posting member to post a draft of a concisely written, very "to the point" SOS request to Rep. Jackson. This request would ask him to take the lead and assist Rep. Lee and others to dust off this bill. With each draft posted we should be able to take the "best of" and pen a final version to be sent to Rep. Jackson with every communications means possible.

My personal opinion is that he would not want to do the resume approach a second time. It would not have the same effect as it did before, especially without being able to achieve a high volume of documents within days.

However ONE message, repeated over and over again to Rep. Jackson would attract attention, especially if we CC other members of Congress.

I propose that since it's now Thursday that any drafts be posted by 3 pm EST. Then we can schedule an online chat to discuss or alternatively post comments about the drafts through the day.

We need to start this ASAP so that Rep. Jackson and office start seeing what is coming before the week ends.

Sadly Anthony Weiner was my first pick last week, but of course this would not make sense right now. I noticed CNN starting to talk about unemployment today. I don't know if the House is in session next week. If so there will be more eyes and Tivos watching C-Span 1 to see any Weiner fallout.

So the time is right, we are small in numbers now as far as "active" participants, but this action is very easy and doable in short order.

What do you think? If it's okay with the admins, tomorrow I'll start a separate thread to accentuate just doing this SOS letter.

It can't hurt. What do you think?

(Goodnight)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:29 am

It is already starting!

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2626-99er-s-here-we-go-talks-of-deadline-extensions-already-starting#28690

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:33 am

X wrote:Friends, unfortunately we do not have a full boat of active unemployed. With the unemployed websites that spawned after the original site went down, we are also "separated" in terms of communication and unity.

So with the time element also considered, I think an action for Thursday would be to pen a letter to J.J. Jr. We need a spokesperson and we need that person now. As Desperate has pointed out, he has acted on behalf of our cause previously.

My thought for tonight (I'm hitting the sack) is for each active posting member to post a draft of a concisely written, very "to the point" SOS request to Rep. Jackson. This request would ask him to take the lead and assist Rep. Lee and others to dust off this bill. With each draft posted we should be able to take the "best of" and pen a final version to be sent to Rep. Jackson with every communications means possible.

My personal opinion is that he would not want to do the resume approach a second time. It would not have the same effect as it did before, especially without being able to achieve a high volume of documents within days.

However ONE message, repeated over and over again to Rep. Jackson would attract attention, especially if we CC other members of Congress.

I propose that since it's now Thursday that any drafts be posted by 3 pm EST. Then we can schedule an online chat to discuss or alternatively post comments about the drafts through the day.

We need to start this ASAP so that Rep. Jackson and office start seeing what is coming before the week ends.

Sadly Anthony Weiner was my first pick last week, but of course this would not make sense right now. I noticed CNN starting to talk about unemployment today. I don't know if the House is in session next week. If so there will be more eyes and Tivos watching C-Span 1 to see any Weiner fallout.

So the time is right, we are small in numbers now as far as "active" participants, but this action is very easy and doable in short order.

What do you think? If it's okay with the admins, tomorrow I'll start a separate thread to accentuate just doing this SOS letter.

It can't hurt. What do you think?

(Goodnight)

Another post from X in different thread. Let's all get on board with this. Time is running out, and as you can see from another active topic here, talk is already starting to act on extending the deadlines for EUC08 again. What does that mean for the 99ers? We will once again be thrown under the bus and forgotten about. We need serious action now, not negativity, finger-pointing or blaming the President for every little thing that goes wrong. We also need to keep the media focused on the real issues - enough of Weiner's weiner! Who cares??? I don't - I just want to survive!
mad
Q1: Should we forget about HR 589?
A1: No

Q2: Should we refrain from posting negative thread titles and posts?
A2: Most definitely. Negativity is not going to achieve anything other than publicly indicating that we are prepared to lay down and die on this issue.

Q3: Is A1 really being realistic at this point?
A3: This bill is not dead and certain representatives are accountable for it's current and future state. Since A3 is true to this point, then there is still promise, therefore let's stay positive, unwavering, and get to work.

With every post made, it may be an individual statement but collectively these posts add up. These threads will either allow us to "stumble upon" an approach still to be discovered (quickly), or they deaden our souls.

I will be on the streets in about a month if relief does not come either from HR589, finding a job within this time, or winning the lottery (which of course is negated for the lack of ticket $).

Let's please think before we post. It's all been said. Now let's focus on an answer for now, as Desperate and others have been pulling teeth to generate some action.

In my opinion, every post either heads towards or away from this goal. And so you are effecting my life, as well as everyone else's with wasted words or words of worth.

Your choice.

Let's cut the crap and start generating ideas. I promise I'll be contributing some thoughts - might be good or bad but I'll try - hopefully to generate some worthy and timely discussion.

I really want to be clear that my comments are not directed at all to the originator of this thread... that's very important for me to say.

Thanks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by mj33 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:57 am

Just a thought, how can we go about best suggesting and advocating for one of the leading economists that have experience doing research on unemployment insurance conduct a study or at least compiled statistics of how many exhaustees (73ers on up for those states that stopped after tier 3) have still been out of work vs. those that have gone back to work, (and how many still employed up to current day from the 'back to work' group)?

UpJohn Research Institute on Employment in Michigan would be type of organiz. that very much so be willing to take on such research or tracking the numbers into its own statistical database for further research cases.

We know that 14 months is certainly a lot of time to have the necessary amount of data/stat's for the relevant information on the long term exhaustees, and they could work with the Labor Industry leaders (perhaps the regional DOL's)

mj33
Member

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by mj33 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 am

At least this way it's legitimate attempt at revealing factual evidence, just another way, for the congressional leaders to see the pattern and true problem that is existing over time. It would be near impossible to include the amount of interviews and job rejections etc... as that's too much 'micromanaging' but we know they can still use their excuse of us being lazy and mentally challenged despite what the studies show.

mj33
Member

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:06 am

mj33 wrote:Just a thought, how can we go about best suggesting and advocating for one of the leading economists that have experience doing research on unemployment insurance conduct a study or at least compiled statistics of how many exhaustees (73ers on up for those states that stopped after tier 3) have still been out of work vs. those that have gone back to work, (and how many still employed up to current day from the 'back to work' group)?

UpJohn Research Institute on Employment in Michigan would be type of organiz. that very much so be willing to take on such research or tracking the numbers into its own statistical database for further research cases.

We know that 14 months is certainly a lot of time to have the necessary amount of data/stat's for the relevant information on the long term exhaustees, and they could work with the Labor Industry leaders (perhaps the regional DOL's)

Good question! We need Q & A sessions with MEMBERS input! And we need it fast. I believe you suggested that and we offered the use of the chatbox, moderated, for this purpose and also for brainstorming as to what steps need to be taken immediately.

There is no time left and all of us need to take the initiative to get things moving. Many of our members tweet - this is an excellent tool to spread the word about this crisis, and it works! Just ask S & T, Abbie and gettheminNOVEMBER. This is just one suggestion to get things moving! I posted a thread about this the other day that included names to follow after setting up your twitter account. You would be surprised at the people who will follow you back. Several people have members of Congress following them. Give it a try, anything at this point is worth trying!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by mj33 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:15 am

Desperate:

Admit I was unfortunately feeling under the sun couple days ago (for half day with splitting headache etc..) and also not online one day as busy, and more I have looked into it, programs on various workforce development projects from past have been done, according to various research based studies Ive read across our nation, so the politicians are well aware, and in many cases Ive been told in many counties, states that the directors themselves decide not to participate in these programs, even after having the money, this I know for a fact.

Minnesota had good program in past, believe called MEED, as did some other companies that work directly with employees on various levels, not just WIA type grants or tech. training for skilled trade jobs or vocational rehab. involvement.

mj33
Member

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by mj33 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:40 am

You know, I wonder if perhaps Greg Rosen is aware of or has attempted to access these numbers, the amount of unemployed UI exhuastees (out of work) for 3 months, 6 months, and 12 (or more) months. Being that he's such a numbers person, might be worth asking him. I couldn't access his email from his 'tier 5' website, and didn't jot the AFL email he provides from time to time on his blog talk show that I listen to, but perhaps someone on this forum board (or admin) could ask him about such numbers existing or his thoughts. I know the last few months this question/topic hasnt come up on his talk show.

mj33
Member

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by mj33 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:48 am

The screen name of the indidual that regularly posts on the city-data.com website that believe is worth asking on the true # of exhaustees that exist (3,6, and 12 or more months) is as follows:

Ariadne22
I believe she/he resides in Wisconsin if not mistaken. For some reason, I can't seem register on that site, but it can be accessed under that link and then 'working and employment' and then 'unemployment' and just click on any of the recent threads and can find Ariadne22's name/posts.

mj33
Member

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:12 am

Now is the time to hit both sides with e-mails, calls and faxes... They can no longer ignore their own voices on how jobs are not working and ignore the unemployed and those out of benefits!!! hello!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:11 pm

mj33 wrote:You know, I wonder if perhaps Greg Rosen is aware of or has attempted to access these numbers, the amount of unemployed UI exhuastees (out of work) for 3 months, 6 months, and 12 (or more) months. Being that he's such a numbers person, might be worth asking him. I couldn't access his email from his 'tier 5' website, and didn't jot the AFL email he provides from time to time on his blog talk show that I listen to, but perhaps someone on this forum board (or admin) could ask him about such numbers existing or his thoughts. I know the last few months this question/topic hasnt come up on his talk show.

You may find some interesting facts from this article in the Wall St. Journal. The article was posted on the forum when it first appeared in that publication.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/04/30/number-of-the-week-millions-set-to-lose-unemployment-benefits/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by mj33 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:23 pm

thanx for article, believe read that when it came out, good article and at least is a start of some sort. Still more work needs done addressing those numbers of exhaustees over the past 16 months.

mj33
Member

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 pm

mj33, I like many others am so exhausted from all the highs and lows of news of help! One month its hooray somebody is speaking out for us and the next day, its a dead issue and goes no where. I am not criticizing anyone at all. Its just so emotionally draining to be hopeless unless something for 99er's and all unemployed gets done and it seems we are stuck in limbo and forgotton and left behind! to suffer stress and no money or income to sustain! So I hope from some miracle we can get someone somewhere to help us a little longer to survive!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:28 pm

I agree 1208, the ups and downs are exhausting. Hopefully we will be able to enjoy a few moments of "ups" real soon.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:38 pm

It is completely exhausting 1208 and physically sickening for many of us. The constant worry over money and the possibility that no one will help is overwhelming. That's why I won't give up. Partially because I have no choice, but for all the people we have met here, knowing we are all in this together and with no where to turn, yet all of us feeling the same way, we have to be heard. And right now we are, except they aren't ignoring us for the reasons they used to, they are ignoring us because they fear they can't really fix this problem. They threw lots of bad money at banks who didn't do their part, with no restrictions placed on them for fear of gov't owned instutions and gov't controlled businesses and now they have no leg to stand on in demanding that these bailed out institutions do anything to help. So far this year, the automakers are the only "bail outs" who have announced any significant plans to hire (1,000 or more), but that's 6 months to a year away, and if the economy doesn't fold again. They were given restrictions, why weren't the banks? So here we sit and wait and hope and pray. I agree it's a tough way to live. But the bright light is, now the news is catching on, they are covering the unemployment rate, discovering the "funny numbers" and talking about the 99ers and those who have exhausted benefits, rather than my favorite "those who have stopped looking". At the minimum, we have each other and we can't give up the fight. When we are low, we ask for a shoulder. You are not alone in your thinking. Some days are really awful and some are good. The fact that this congress is a bigger do nothing than the last should be our wake up call for the next election.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by couth11 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:30 pm

I emailed Congressman Jessie Jackson Jr, and asked if he would consider another resume campaign, hopefully to include resumes of deceased job hunters, such as Al. I also asked him to please visit this site, read our comments, consider our ideas and to please, please, please read the very wonderful letter written by MaryKay, and signed by all of us.

Haven't heard back, yet.

couth11
Member

Posts : 259
Join date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey, Guys (and Gals) - Time is running out! What can we do to get HR 589 moving?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:32 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum