Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Twitter - Networking at its best!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Twitter - Networking at its best!!

Go down

Twitter - Networking at its best!! Empty Twitter - Networking at its best!!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:18 pm

I am a big fan of advocating on Twitter - It is networking at its best.

I know there are some that think "what good is it going to do....Let me explain!! Wink

I opened a Twitter account only a few short months ago. I too thought "what good could this possibly do for our cause, oh well I'll give it shot, it cant hurt"

Now, 5 months later, I have over 1,000 followers. They are of all different backgrounds. A few Representatives, advocates from all types of causes, reporters, bloggers, Activists, and normal everyday people....with and without jobs.

Every tweet I send out gets picked up by one or more of those followers and then one or more of their followers picks it up and retweets it, and so on and so on. Not only do I tweet for our cause, I tweet others causes as well. Which in turn they do me the favor of tweeting for our cause and help spread the word.

Twitter has become one of the main tools for the MSM to pick up on stories, because when something is tweeted it is in real time. Word spreads pretty fast on twitter.

With newest job numbers and economic woes that are coming out now, MANY people are panicking and I have been seeing a buzz on twitter over the past few days. People are scared and they want to know how they can do their part.

The reason I am posting this, is to let people know that if there ever was a time when this avenue of advocating for our cause will be useful, the time is NOW!! People are tweeting like crazy about the newest job numbers and the latest stunts by the GOP to take away safety nets that so many desperately need. Now is the time for us to give Twitter our all, no matter how silly it sounds, it works! I have been getting feedback from some of my followers and non followers more than ever, in the form of PM's and tweets.

SO, get your tweeting fingers ready and join in!!! We are gaining momentum. Even if the talk isnt all about HR 589, it is about unemployment, and that is where we come in and spread the word about HR 589 to all. Let them know that there is a bill out there that could help millions in need.

Twitter - Networking at its best!! 562135 Twitter - Networking at its best!! 137906 capitil hill

Twitter - Networking at its best!! Twitte12

Back to top Go down

Twitter - Networking at its best!! Empty Re: Twitter - Networking at its best!!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Just a quick tip:

When you find an article about unemployment or how bad the economy is, tweet it!! That helps too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:07 am

Twitter - Networking at its best!! Images10

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1514-quick-twitter-tips-a-twitter-guide-for-beginners

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2381-getting-the-most-out-of-twitter

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2094-tweeters-please-help-a-beginner

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2015-share-your-support-for-the-99ers-hr-589-add-a-twibbon-to-your-twitter-or-fb-page

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1402-attention-all-tweeters-use-hashtags-to-spread-awareness-to-hr589-99ers-and-jobs

Please remember, even if your tweets are only going to a Congressional Aide, you are spreading public awareness of the plight of the unemployed. Now is the perfect time to start tweeting our cause. America is angry, and believe it or not, they are sympathetic. Sick & Tired (our "Twitter Queen") has been contacted by several groups and given tips on advocating, received some excellent information from the Federal Reserve in St. Louis, been asked by tweeps who aren't unemployed how they can help - it isn't just about reaching the Reps - it is about reaching out to Americans!

You can tweet threads right from this forum just by clicking on the Twitter widget after you create an account. Sign up today, it is free, easy and the most useful form of communication in the social media today! Here is the link to create an account and how to get started:

http://support.twitter.com/groups/31-twitter-basics

http://twitter.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 am

Tweeps to follow, to get you started. Marked in red are forum members. Twitter - Networking at its best!! 758924

couth11

other98
AngryVoters
JCJ417
RodBMT
Genespark
politickwoman1
supertascha
progBuzz
Political_Munky
RBReich
firstcoyote
kkrishere
srsjones825
thepriestinhell
4americanworker
jerryg125
Unemployed_99er
liberalgirl007
ConcernedinKY
thenewinfluence
the_unemployed
AlanGrayson
superstevies
Jobless_in_Ma
99vFOX
wcgirl2
bbjeagle
Fox99er
LegallyBblondde
Jane_WI
AbbieOHD8
Amer99ersUnion
Darthtater36
AdmnUFF2
Exhausted99er

GoForTheRose
99ersUnited
UWActionGroup
DawnRayner

ExtendUENow
Crewof42
wcgirl1
mrsmarti
unemployed_mass

rochellesevier
pari_passu
Following
CharlieAndMe
byeagle37
Layofflist
msral
CMDEramo
99ermikeb
mkcoy55

Twitter - Networking at its best!! 758924

Congressional contacts and media to follow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down