Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans"

3 posters

Go down

Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" Empty Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans"

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:59 am

KING: If you wanna do as many Democrats have said on this floor, and that is that any relationship between two consenting adults the federal government shouldn't be involved in, well this is a relationship the federal government should not be involved in. For the federal government to tell me that I can't say to my own son, I'd like to climb in the seat of your excavator and sit there for $10 an hour, federal government says I can't, he's gotta pay me some $28 rate or whatever that is. But the government has no business interfering and no business driving up these costs. And we must go through this period of austerity. That requires that we not impose federal union scale on federal construction projects. [...] And I think the free market should set the wages. Labor is a commodity just like corn or beans or oil or gold, and the value of it needs to be determined by the competition, supply and demand in the workplace.

http://politicalcorrection.org/blog/201106020015

Back to top Go down

Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" Empty Re: Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans"

Post by mistermunster Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:22 am

In SIMPLE terms. We are SLAVES at the tender mercies of the CORPORATE overlords FREE MARKET BS with NO say so!. Take WHAT WE GIVE YOU and SHUT UP!!! Mad Mad Mad Good old GOP know how affraid
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans" Empty Re: Rep. Steve King [R] To Workers: Your "Labor Is A Commodity Just Like Corn Or Beans"

Post by Kulkulkan Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:16 am

Wrong, Mr. Senator. Strange to force austerity on US when your corporate masters have lower taxes than ever.

We the workers are CITIZENS, not commodities. You have responsibilities towards us, and if you do not do right by us you will be removed. If you cannot comprehend that, then you are not doing YOUR job and should be removed. no

Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Austerity is fine, slavery is not. Union wages -yes should be a person's business-but let's not drop below at least minimum wage.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down