Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
OMG moment on C-Span EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
OMG moment on C-Span EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
OMG moment on C-Span EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

OMG moment on C-Span

5 posters

Go down

OMG moment on C-Span Empty OMG moment on C-Span

Post by mrmarti Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:02 am

I was just watching C-Span and found out that C-Span started televising Congress 25 years ago today and they were taking phone calls from viewers for comments and OMG

Guess they don't have the 6 second rule on C-Span.

A caller from Florida called and said that C-Span is a wonderful thing, etc - he continued on by saying "The problem is when the president gets all the coverage, he's just a worthless (the n word). The commentator (I think they said his name was Mr. Ritchie) actually jumped in his seat, dropping his pencil and reacted with a "Oh Jesus! Seriously, don't just don't bother calling back here. You can just ruin somebody's day can't you."

I just can't believe how crude, and apparently uneducated some people can be. Mr. Ritchie looks very apprehensive now as he is continuing with the phone calls.

mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

OMG moment on C-Span Empty Re: OMG moment on C-Span

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:12 pm

I didn't see it today mrmarti, but it doesn't surprise me. The thinly veiled disguise many people use against the President is nothing more than prejudice and discomfort with the fact that he is a man of mixed race. It absolutely astounds me that these people, who so blatantly dislike him for his color, could not and have not achieved his level of education, success in the private and public sector and clearly can't speak as well either. It's just disgusting. Truthfully, any President, whether you are a Dem or Repub, deserves respect, which we somehow have forgotten anymore, but a President who is not smug, doesn't lecture or talk down to Americans is a President who deserves respect. It's a job that doesn't pay well (most President's donate their salaries), you are required to divest of anything that could possible be looked upon as showing favor, such as stock from a former company that does business with the Govt. It's clearly not for the money, it's because they feel they can make a difference. I wonder how much difference that caller thinks HE would make in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Yeah, I try to stay out of the racist argument when people say they don't like Obama because you never know what's in a person's heart but when someone says "I just don't like him I don't know why" I think "hmm, I bet I know why".
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Deep down, its the REAL reason. All this OTHER crap is just a smokescreen to hide the real truth. Especially with lower to middleclass whites with hayseed brains.and lots of the over 30 and up crowd who had it passed down to them from parents and grandparents and maybe great grandparents too. Racism is alive and well. 50 to 75 years isn't long enough to get rid of it as long as it keeps getting regurgitated OVER and over with each new generation. And now it's from ALL cultural diversities.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:46 pm

I don't like him because he hasn't done anything to push job creation, sound the alarm about jobs etc. I don't like most people in Washington.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by carl98430 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Listen, the real reason the Republicans - or at least the ultra conservative ones - are being so antagonistic towards the president is because they can't STAND the fact that a black guy is president of the United States. It really pisses most of them off. You can tell it in their demeanor, you can tell in the lack of respect they show for him and the office of the President ("you lie!"). It's a real shame. It's truly, truly a shame. I have a lot of reasons to disagree with President Obama, but the man's race should never have anything to do with it. Today's Republicans have turned me completely off!

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down