» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
September 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Family that quit their jobs on 'Rapture Day' react to being alive on May 22

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family that quit their jobs on 'Rapture Day' react to being alive on May 22

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2011 12:37 am

First topic message reminder :

'Judgment Day' came and went on Saturday, and John Ramsey hasn't been able to sleep.

The 25-year-old Harrison, N.J. resident had rearranged his life in recent months to devote himself to spreading a fringe California preacher's prediction that May 21 would bring worldwide earthquakes and usher in a five-month period of misery before the world's destruction.

Like many of those convinced of the Rapture was pending, Ramsey quit his job, donated "a couple thousand" to Harold Camping's Family Radio network and convinced family members to join him to spread news of the Rapture on Manhattan streets.

His family nervously huddled in their apartment living room Saturday, holding their Bibles open, switching between CNN, Facebook and Google for news of quakes in the Pacific.

They cried. They hugged. They argued. But mostly, they waited. Nothing happened.

On Sunday, a dejected Ramsey said he faces a "mixed bag."

He has to find a new job. So does his mother. His 19-year-old brother, who had quit high school the year prior ("It's pointless to graduate," the brother had said), is thinking of re-enrolling or finding employment. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/22/may-21-judgment-day-may-22_n_865298.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Family that quit their jobs on 'Rapture Day' react to being alive on May 22

Post by TR11005 on Tue May 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Anybody that wants to send me their money, if they feel the world is coming to an end. I will be open to all and will not discriminate.

No refunds allowed.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Tue May 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Isnt that what camping told them too? LMAO

Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by steveninspokane on Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm

I am starting my end of the world campaign here in the next few weeks if anyone wants to send donations.

steveninspokane

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Tue May 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:He has revised his prediction to October 21st 2011... Wink

O crap I was hoping to be out of debt by then and Halloween is my favorite time of the year.

Maybe I will be Moses this year and part the rapture?

gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 24, 2011 7:33 pm

steveninspokane wrote:I am starting my end of the world campaign here in the next few weeks if anyone wants to send donations.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by hello on Tue May 24, 2011 8:00 pm

PamelaJo wrote:
MaryKay wrote:
PamelaJo wrote:Too bad those in Congress who constantly work against the unemployed did not take this nonsense seriously and decide to quit their jobs last week! THAT may have ushered in the beginning of a new world for all of us! LOL!!! Sorry, just feeling malicious and sarcastic this morning! I'll behave later, after I've had my morning dose of caffeine!

Had my 2 cups of tea, don't feel any better about it Pamela. However, here is what I don't get. They have reported on many news outlets, this man has raised 72 million. Congress investigates everyone and every thing at our expense, except of course when it's scamming hopeless people out of their hard earned money. They learned nothing from the Jim Jones horror at all.

I agree. The greatest tragedies throughout history have always come when terrible mistakes of the past are forgotten, or ignored. We must always learn from mistakes or history will continue to repeat itself. A lesson which seems never to be learned.

It's terrible that one individual can control others' minds...and quite scary. Very sad that some really believed it, and also frustrating that he was allowed to continue with his "revelations" of doomsday. I totally agree with your thought about other investigations being done, yet this was allowed to go on and on. As I said, so many lessons have not been learned. That is also quite scary.

I've had my tea, too, and also feel no better. My mood the last day or so seems to match the dismal weather here. Hoping my disposition brightens when the sun returns. They say that may not happen for about a week.

I'm still emailing and calling as many as I can. Hoping for light at the end of the tunnel.

Whats so different between what this scam artist does when compared to the republican scam artists who also somehow control peoples minds (probably the same kind of ppl who quit their jobs over this).

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:42 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top