Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox

+11
ca
mrmarti
lendmeflight2
Ron S
mj33
gettheminNOVEMBER
ExhaustedinCA
exhaustedandtired/1208
Jobless_in_Ma
Angelicrisis
"G"
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox Empty Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox

Post by "G" Sun May 22, 2011 4:43 pm

The President & Co-Founder of the American 99ers Union will be a guest on Fox Business on Tuesday, 5/24 to discuss the merits of extending unemployment insurance in America. Details to follow.

"G"

Back to top Go down

Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox Empty Re: Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox

Post by Angelicrisis Sun May 22, 2011 4:46 pm

I wonder if this means there will be no vote or action tommorow. And What the heck. What is there to debate? 800,000 new jobs but over 8 million jobs have been lost.

Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox 305108

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox Empty Re: Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun May 22, 2011 5:02 pm

What time G?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun May 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:I wonder if this means there will be no vote or action tommorow. And What the heck. What is there to debate? 800,000 new jobs but over 8 million jobs have been lost.

Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox 305108

Vote on what??? 589 isn't even out of committee. And 1745 has not even been debated on floor or any so called amendments mentioned yet!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm

I read in a thread that "Something" would be voted on 23rd. It was announced on CNN a few weeks ago early in the morning. I was expecting some kind of movement b/c I knew it has'nt moved out of commitee.

Not to sound ungrateful for the news at all (Thanks for posting G), I am. The facts still remain we should be past the debate process at this point AND it's FOX...nuff said.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by ExhaustedinCA Sun May 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Angelicrisis, in regards to the thread you are referring too. I found where it was posted. it was a comment made by someone. I tried to find out if it ever was noted on CNN and I can't find anything pertaining to it, so I don't know the validity of the persons post.

Here is what they posted:

survey says says:
May 3, 2011 at 6:53 am
CNN SAID CONGRESS MIGHT SET A DATE OF MAY 23 2011 FOR A FLOOR VOTE ON HR589 PROGRESS OF CONFIDENCE VOTE IN ORDER TO MOVE THE DISCUSSION FORWARD. IT WAS SHOWN ON CNN @ 5:30 AM ON CNN AMERICAN MORNING 5/3/11

And this is the link I found it at:

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/99ers-no-hr-589-as-a-result-of-bin-laden%E2%80%99s-death/3702
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:What time G?

It must be Stuart Varney again. I think it is on at 9:00 am EST on Fox Business.

Good luck, G!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 5:34 pm

ExhaustedinCA wrote:Angelicrisis, in regards to the thread you are referring too. I found where it was posted. it was a comment made by someone. I tried to find out if it ever was noted on CNN and I can't find anything pertaining to it, so I don't know the validity of the persons post.

Here is what they posted:

survey says says:
May 3, 2011 at 6:53 am
CNN SAID CONGRESS MIGHT SET A DATE OF MAY 23 2011 FOR A FLOOR VOTE ON HR589 PROGRESS OF CONFIDENCE VOTE IN ORDER TO MOVE THE DISCUSSION FORWARD. IT WAS SHOWN ON CNN @ 5:30 AM ON CNN AMERICAN MORNING 5/3/11

And this is the link I found it at:

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/99ers-no-hr-589-as-a-result-of-bin-laden%E2%80%99s-death/3702

I tried to find a link on CNN to validate the comment that was made from the 'Trenches' article but I couldn't. Unless the person who commented there is in a different time zone than me I questioned the validity of it. CNN American Morning begins at 6:00 am EST.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun May 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Guess Ill miss the show. Sad Do they replay it later on again?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sun May 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks Desperate, that gives me a little more perspective. I have no choice like everyone else but to just wait it out, but WOW, this has been surreal and is just getting more and more so.....I swear I was a practical person at the beginning of the year....lol

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:I read in a thread that "Something" would be voted on 23rd. It was announced on CNN a few weeks ago early in the morning. I was expecting some kind of movement b/c I knew it has'nt moved out of commitee.

Not to sound ungrateful for the news at all (Thanks for posting G), I am. The facts still remain we should be past the debate process at this point AND it's FOX...nuff said.

G is always at his best on Fox Business. He has an answer for every clueless statement or question posed by Varney or Payne.

Back to top Go down

Post by ExhaustedinCA Sun May 22, 2011 6:18 pm

I think you're right about it being Stuart Varney again because I just looked at their webpage and they are spending all next week talking about Entitlements.

This is what I found...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2011/05/20/entitlement-nation-makers-vs-takers/
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sun May 22, 2011 6:52 pm

That's a lot of statements and questions. Those two combined have the intellectual capacity of a bottlecap. Good to know. I try to stay away from FOX just b/c of the biasness, but I hope this is going to be as a entertaining as im sure it'll be frustrating.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun May 22, 2011 7:11 pm

ExhaustedinCA wrote:I think you're right about it being Stuart Varney again because I just looked at their webpage and they are spending all next week talking about Entitlements.

This is what I found...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2011/05/20/entitlement-nation-makers-vs-takers/

What about the term INSURANCE does fox news not understand. Its time to release the hounds on twitter.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sun May 22, 2011 7:13 pm

"Our week-long theme of “Entitlement Nation: Makers vs. Takers” is built around the idea that this nation, which was founded on an individualist and entrepreneurial spirit, has become one where people have become takers, not makers. For the first time in our history, we can be criticized for caring more about ourselves and our generation than our children, as evidenced by the soaring debt we have. That’s best seen at the government level, where spending comes in far above income."

THIS is why I hate this station. FAUX, biased, right wing propaganda for mass consumption. How many people have sold their souls for this type of "journalism" to make it to mainstream?

"It’s evident in the private sector, too. Unions will deprive future generations jobs just to maintain lavish benefits and pay, despite the bad economy. Companies, too, will make short-sighted decisions to get their hands on government subsidies, even if those decisions don’t help their bottom line.

The numbers are stark. Right now, 20 cents of every dollar of American’s income comes from a government payment. For the first time since the Great Depression, government payouts to households exceed tax receipts. That’s not surprising, because more and more people don’t actually pay income taxes anymore. They just take."

Neo-con, Nazi, gas bags!!!!! Frustrated
It almost makes me ashamed to call myslef an American, because by design they have changed what it means to be one. THIS is why I said there should'nt even be debated anymore, it gives media and people too self-involved reason to distract and be even more distracted then they were respectively.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 8:05 pm

I removed fox from my remote, skips right over for a very good reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Sun May 22, 2011 8:12 pm

me too, even so while was at the gym, never once listened to it on cardiotheatre through headphones for 4 straight months.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Good luck and thank you for sticking your neck out...You are very brave fox is not going to be easy. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us all!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sun May 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Yeah, I 2nd that sentiment eventhough I've Screamed and hit the computer in the same thread (under normal circumstances I would be embarrassed, but just don't care about political correctness right now), I do take some solice in the fact that there are decent people in the "right corner" pun intended. Thanks and Good luck.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Good Luck and thanks G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:23 am

Please watch "G" on Fox on Tuesday! You can find other segments he has appeared on Fox Business on his website:

http://tier5.webs.com/apps/videos/

Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox 1362819209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:25 am

Will do. Support G all he way.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon May 23, 2011 11:31 am

It doesn't need to be debated on FOX, it needs to be debated in the house and senate! Our focus needs to be to get 589 on the floor for debates intact!! And kill these other two bills. They surely will be compromised to include a provision for 589! As many has predicted and assured us.

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Agreed 1208, keep emailing, calling, faxing and tweeting. The debate needs to be on the floor. Tv as we know, does us not good. They trott out our cause for their purposes not to help us. As much as we all appreciate them doing a segment or two, if they don't follow up and report correctly, it does not help us at all. Sometimes it hurts us. Making statement that the unemployment numbers are down in 39 states, but the numbers don't add up, does not help. Take it a step further and find out that the real reason the numbers keep decreasing has nothing to do with new claims, but in fact the number that keep adding to the roles of the 99ers, those that have exhausted all benefits. Add that to the fact that for over a month, they have been decreasing the amount of State EUC, that decreases the numbers as well.

Keep up the call, emails, faxes and tweets, don't let them get away with non-reporting and mis-reporting. Extending Unemployment Insurance Debated on Fox 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 3:57 pm

This debate does need to happen in Congress, I agree with that. But if that is the only place it happens, I'm sorry, I feel we will be "screwed" again.

This debate needs to take place in all the main stream media to raise awareness of this crisis. Congress and the media have done a very good job hiding the real facts from the public.

IMO, media coverage and debate on this is just as important as a Congressional debate. An enlightened public on our side could be the deciding factor as to whether or not we ever see any relief.

We should continue to hound our Reps and Senators, but I feel it is just as important to keep as much pressure on the media as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next