Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia

+6
mistermunster
gettheminNOVEMBER
lendmeflight2
americatheneedy
exhaustedandtired/1208
carl98430
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia

Post by carl98430 Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am

First topic message reminder :

The president is announcing $2 billion in aid to Egypt and Tunisia. Someone please remind him that there are people in this country suffering as well. Will the Republicans call the Egyptians and Tunisians lazy? deadbeats? Doubt it. Sometimes I wonder about our government's priorities. I worked for YEARS, paid my taxes and contributed to the economy. When it comes time for temporary assistance, they play games in Washington as if people like us are afterthoughts. This is pathetic. Congratulations to the Egyptians and Tunisians.

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 7:35 pm

I believe the subject of sending our money and reasoning why is necessary very much! It does have to do with power and balance of power. It also keeps the world somewhat stable as long as wealth is passed around. Look at it another way! Without our money and wealth being passed around then the world would be unstable and wars would arise to fight countries with wealth to gain that wealth and take over governments. Yrs ago that was the fear of Russia and China. But they are also now in a state of an economy to some degree. But the day is approaching that even self sustaining governments will eventually be hungry for more than an economy ad growth and supporting a people. They will want power and control. That was what WWI and II was about. The Japanese wanted to gain worldly power along with Hitler.But they failed. However today, If that is attempted < a world take over, then thats where a true Holocaust will be the end! Remember with governments power breeds corruption and corruption breeds power. then an appitite of hungar for power takes over....

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 19, 2011 8:25 pm

When I said you were the only one, 1208, it was sort of a figure of speech, I didn't really mean that.

But let's look at it another way. What have we seen happen because we DON'T give aid.

In the 1980's we armed the Afghans and Bin Laden because they were fighting the soviets. After Russia left the country we cut off all support. We could have stayed and built schools and roads and infrastructure but instead we just said "the russians are gone, who cares about a school".

Years later a new generation grows up in poverty that we left and it allows a hole for the Taliban to take over Afghanistan. This is exactly what happened, they sheltered Bin Laden, our old ally, to allow him to plan the 9/11 attacks. If we had stayed in country and given aid at the time this would have eliminated the vaccum that the Taliban required to take over. Aid to Afghanistan at the right time COULD have prevented 9/11 altogether.

Of course we shouldn't contribute to dictators, even though we have been doing that in South America for decades, but I don't think we should eliminate all aid simply because a totally different country did something to us.
That would be like not giving you added weeks because your unemployed neighbor isn't looking for work.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 pm

We NEED NOT to get involved in NATION building or foreign aid anymore as long as we get screwed within OUR own borders by the crooks in DC. They pick OUR pocket to PAY for all this. IT NEEDS TO STOP.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 pm

mistermunster wrote:We NEED NOT to get involved in NATION building or foreign aid anymore as long as we get screwed within OUR own borders by the crooks in DC. They pick OUR pocket to PAY for all this. IT NEEDS TO STOP.

Short, sweet and to the point, mistermunster. Your post says it all! Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia - Page 2 938557

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Unfortunately this will never stop for a lot of reasons.
1. political gain around the world
2.America held hostage , give to us or else
3.You owe us because we are poor but you are rich!
4.We need to buy arms and build weapons! Guess what type.
5.balance of wealth and create poor in the US to equal other countries where Gov's take the wealth and keep the people poor, this way they have power to control.Control the wealth and control the people!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Lets see: Did I just see on news "President plans on debt forgiveness and increasing foreign aid". Can he allow the unemployed long term to have our debts forgiven and increase our aid????

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 21, 2011 12:45 pm

We are fighting in our countries budget and debt ceiling and yet president wants to forgive foreign debt!!! Give me a break!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sat May 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Well let me see ---- this just plain sucks! Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sun May 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Obama is just like the rest of our so-called leaders...A LIAR. All he cares about is getting re-elected. He has been running away from the promises he made before he was elected and has turned out to be one of the greatest disappointments in my lifetime. This country is doomed and headed for an unrecoverable collapse....
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 1:30 pm

I am conflicted on this subject...I feel its important to help other countries, but also feel the help must start at home. So many of our own need help and should get it first before any other.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun May 22, 2011 2:02 pm

chopthis91 wrote:Obama is just like the rest of our so-called leaders...A LIAR. All he cares about is getting re-elected. He has been running away from the promises he made before he was elected and has turned out to be one of the greatest disappointments in my lifetime. This country is doomed and headed for an unrecoverable collapse....

He has a self serving agenda!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Kweanb Sun May 22, 2011 2:25 pm

I understand helping others that need it. But there are millions in THIS country that need help and aren't getting it. Before you help clean up your neighbor's yard shouldn't you clean your own first? My boyfriend and I have been homeless for almost 3 months. We used to be middle class. We aren't on drugs or alcoholics, we aren't mentally ill, we have NEVER been homeless or had to apply for welfare. Why aren't other countries helping us? If our government won't acknowledge us much less help us, who will? Where do we go for help? Why aren't we protesting in the streets like they did in the 60's????

Kweanb

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun May 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Also Mr. Numbnuts President is telling Israel WHERE there borders should go back to. IT'S NOT OUR BUSINESS!!!!! Guys NEEDS to get a CLUE and FIX THIS COUNTRY and STOP worrying ABOUT OTHER countries issues. We HAVE given TOO MUCH in TIME, MONEY and LIVES to the REST of the world, WHILE the infested ROT expanded in THIS country. IT HAS TO STOP!!!! Time to be a little selfish now and TAKE CARE OF US and this nations NEEDS.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon May 23, 2011 1:03 am

Unfortunately this has always been going on. I sort of understand why they do it (I don't agree)but it doesn't work. For example many of these countries hate us, and hate Christians and jews, don't kid yourself about this.

Btw, Saudi, who we sell weapons to is the most repulsive country on the planet because of how they treat women. I am always sick everytime these scum balls are on tv. Lest we forget, 14 of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi. However, because NEED to have SUV's (sarcasm) we deal with them forgas. Remember that next time you see a huge SUV or drive one yourself.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon May 23, 2011 2:37 am

No country in the middle east will ever be taken seriously as a global equal as long as they have rules that say women can't drive.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon May 23, 2011 2:39 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:No country in the middle east will ever be taken seriously as a global equal as long as they have rules that say women can't drive.

while texting.... Razz Razz Razz Razz
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum