Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
IRS and their kindness EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
IRS and their kindness EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
IRS and their kindness EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
IRS and their kindness EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
IRS and their kindness EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
IRS and their kindness EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
IRS and their kindness EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
IRS and their kindness EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
IRS and their kindness EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
IRS and their kindness EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
IRS and their kindness EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
IRS and their kindness EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
IRS and their kindness EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
IRS and their kindness EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
IRS and their kindness EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

IRS and their kindness

5 posters

Go down

IRS and their kindness Empty IRS and their kindness

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Well I received some advise on here with instructions on how to get the IRS to work with you on taxes due and also submit an extension on taxes also file your returns. Well I did just that also I enclosed a letter explaining my desperation from being unemployed and ask if they could assist me in a remedy. The instructions given on here said to turn in a extension form which I did and also to go ahead and send a filed return , which I did. I also ask them to consider since I am unemployed since 2008 if they would waive penalties ad interest until I could work with them on some help. Like A. cancellation of debt as unpayable or get a deferment or even a payment plan. Well I got their nasty reply and it hit me with interest and penalty and also no comment or suggestion on my options. They also denied my extension and said I need to pay before June or a lien and legal action may take place. Thanks for the advise.. Please advise me further as to what my options are now!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

IRS and their kindness Empty Re: IRS and their kindness

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Try calling your district representative's office. Talk with the staffers there and ask them - sometimes, a letter will/can be written on their letterhead to the IRS office. Then, you'll probably get back a response of how they can and should be working with you. What good does it do to charge you penalties and interest when you can't pay the amount due now, this makes them look like loan sharks, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:52 pm

But even if your bank account is bare, you have options. First and foremost, you should file your tax return, even if you don't have a dime to your name. The penalty for failing to file is 5% of the unpaid tax for each month the return is late, up to 25% of the amount owed, plus interest.

If you file your return without paying the balance due, the IRS will charge a late payment penalty, but that penalty is only one-half of 1% a month, says Robin Christian, senior tax analyst at Thomson Reuters.

Another option is to file an extension, Christian says. You can request a six-month extension by filing IRS Form 4868. Approval is automatic.

Filing for an extension doesn't give you more time to pay, so you'll still owe interest and late-payment penalties for every month you're overdue. However, you'll escape the failure-to-file penalty. Include your best estimate of the amount you owe, Christian says.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/2011-03-31-trouble-paying-taxes.htm?csp=34money&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomMoney-TopStories+%28Money+-+Top+Stories%29

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Thu May 19, 2011 7:32 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Well I received some advise on here with instructions on how to get the IRS to work with you on taxes due and also submit an extension on taxes also file your returns. Well I did just that also I enclosed a letter explaining my desperation from being unemployed and ask if they could assist me in a remedy. The instructions given on here said to turn in a extension form which I did and also to go ahead and send a filed return , which I did. I also ask them to consider since I am unemployed since 2008 if they would waive penalties ad interest until I could work with them on some help. Like A. cancellation of debt as unpayable or get a deferment or even a payment plan. Well I got their nasty reply and it hit me with interest and penalty and also no comment or suggestion on my options. They also denied my extension and said I need to pay before June or a lien and legal action may take place. Thanks for the advise.. Please advise me further as to what my options are now!

If you did what I told you to do to start with this wouldn't have happened. I told you to call and not to write. Writing will not help you. I had no problems with the IRS and I owe for 3 different years. I just called them and they asked me a bunch of questions, I told them the truth, and they put me on STOP payment plan so they cannot collect for a year. After that time they will contact me again to see if my situation has improved. It took about 4 months to be accepted into the program and they did put a lein on my account in case I inherit money or something.

They WILL levy your account so don't let this go. Call them, BE NICE, and they will work with you.

If you talk to them in the tone that your post implies they won't work with you.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 18, 2011 7:34 pm

I guess advise was wrong word and should have said from instructions posted.. That 's all they were is instructions. So Who knows what is next when dealing with IRS.. I'll call them and hope!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by emvie Wed May 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Exhausted - you really have to call the IRS to discuss or better yet, go to an office in person and explain your situation. Print out these pages and show them why you did what you did...not blaming, but "method behind your madness" so to speak. They (the IRS) will work with you if you explain, are nice and quick to respond. I know from experience...go to an IRS office if you can, talk to a real person and explain your situation. You will be okay!!!

emvie

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 18, 2011 10:47 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
emvie wrote:Exhausted - you really have to call the IRS to discuss or better yet, go to an office in person and explain your situation. Print out these pages and show them why you did what you did...not blaming, but "method behind your madness" so to speak. They (the IRS) will work with you if you explain, are nice and quick to respond. I know from experience...go to an IRS office if you can, talk to a real person and explain your situation. You will be okay!!!
y

The method behind his madness comes directly from the IRS, as described in the links provided, directly from their website. No tax advice was given from anyone here. The information can all be found in the links provided by the Internal Revenue Service.

I would not print the pages here. Just tell them you did the best you could and what you thought was right and ask for help.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Wed May 18, 2011 11:24 pm

screw em. If you have no money to pay them let them sit in line like everyone else.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu May 19, 2011 1:33 am

The IRS can BLeep and DIE!!!!!! They are an illegal organization that shouldn't exist. They want MONEY, Then GO AFTER BIG Corp for it. Evil or Very Mad
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum