Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming!

+5
PamelaJo
carl98430
Judi58
suri
exhaustedandtired/1208
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! Empty CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming!

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:57 pm

CBC Chairman Emanuel Cleaver wants your questions and comments in preparation for tomorrow's meeting with President Obama via Twitter.

Don't tweet? No problem! Leave the questions you want answered or any comments here and we will tweet them for you!

Please be respectful! Any questions or comments that we consider disrespectful will be deleted. Remember, this will be tweeted to the people who want to help you.

Time is of the essence, please start posting!

Please share this with anybody and everyone you know!

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed May 11, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! Empty Re: CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming!

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 6:05 pm

OK...A: What are the true possibilities that 589 may pass intact!
Also B: the true possibilities the two bills (can't remember the numbers) will get passed?
And C: how many dems support those bills In their estimation
If by some reason of insanity would the President sign off on them????

I truly hope these questions will be ask ! Thanks,

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming! Empty Re: CBC Wants your questions! Don't tweet? Leave them here - we will do it for you! ! Keep them coming!

Post by suri Wed May 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Can we employ unemp to be mentors to help those unemp who are lacking in even basic GED??

Certainly for those over 55 or older why can't unemp ext be somehow linked to # of years and taxes paid in last 20 years, or 10? It just doesn't seem fair (the first thing I always taught my children --- LIFE IS NOT FAIR! No ) for those like my DH who have NEVER claimed over a whole lifetime and for whom re-employment is not looking like a possibility --- at any level even p/t, min wage??

For all those just entering the work force from school/college this nation could draft an assistance plan financially so all their expense doesn't just fall on their parents for the dignity of all? silent

Thank you for your efforts!

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 6:18 pm

I know its no biggy, but It looks like the @OfficialCBC is retweeting all of our questions! affraid Its nice to see they actually pay attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Exhausted99er
@OfficialCBC Questions from members who don't tweet! unemployed-friends2.org/t2239-cbc-want… via @AdmnUFF2 Please ask President Obama for them! #CBCObama

TWEETED! KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed May 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Where do we go from here over 50 years old ...30 years of working and now on the brink of being homeless. Will 589 really ever pass? How will the jobs come back? When will jobs come back?
Americans going to sleep hungry how did we let this happen?
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Is it true that Reps. Lee and Scott will now work with Reps. Boehner, Cantor, Camp and Berger to attach HR 589 to HR 1745?

Back to top Go down

Post by carl98430 Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Is there ANY source of funding available to pay for HR 589 -- any resources that have been untapped?

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Here are the questions so far to the CBC to bring to the President. Note they are ALL regarding HR 589, 99ers and jobs!
http://twitter.com/#!/search/officialcbc

Back to top Go down

Post by carl98430 Wed May 11, 2011 7:07 pm

I realize that Congress has authority over Unemployment Insurance legislation, but is there anything at all the President can do to, at the Executive Level, to provide the kind of relief that HR 589 would provide (14 additional weeks on Tier 1)?

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 7:28 pm

carl98430 wrote:I realize that Congress has authority over Unemployment Insurance legislation, but is there anything at all the President can do to, at the Executive Level, to provide the kind of relief that HR 589 would provide (14 additional weeks on Tier 1)?

Good question carl! I had to shorten it a bit for twitter.

unemployed_mass A. Keough
@OfficialCBC is there anything POTUS can do, at the Executive Level, to provide the kind of relief #HR589 would provide? #CBCObama #99ers

I hope we get an answer!

Keep'em coming guys!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Round 2!!!

@OfficalCBC http://t.co/D0NgUWP via @AdmnUFF2 More questions from our members for President Obama. #99ers #HR589 #Jobs #SOS #CBCObama

Let's fill up the pages! Keep them coming!

Back to top Go down

Post by carl98430 Wed May 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Are there any unused TARP or Stimulus funds that can be used to pay for HR 589?

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Post by carl98430 Wed May 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Sen. Thune introduced a plan to fund UI extension in 2010; sounds like a sound plan for HR 589.

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Simple question. Does President Obama acknowledge there are millions of unemployed and 99ers? Does he care?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 pm

@OfficialCBC http://t.co/WdjqYPb via @AdmnUFF2 Please ask President questions from our members. #99ers are suffering! #WeVote2012 #CBCObama
Third tweet! Keep going - meeting is at 2:30 pm tomorrow!

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm

I posted 4 questions, my only concern about not tweeting my self is I hope my questions get to them. But I know if I tweet my self they stand no better chance of making it to them and probably a better chance if you make the questions to them. Oh well. I pray for a good outcome and Obama's answers...

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by carl98430 Wed May 11, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm with you 1208. And there are certainly ways to pay for this legislation (HR 589, that is). Here's a link to an article about that amendment that Senator Thune introduced last year:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20101214/pl_ac/7404974_unemployment_extension_amendment_proposed_by_sen_john_thune

There IS a way to make this happen; the only question is whether the White House has the will to do it. They're in 2012 re-election mode; i'm not so sure how committed they are to helping people like us.

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Post by PamelaJo Wed May 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Does the President, or do members of Congress, really understand that the regularly updated Bureau of Labor Statistics' figures do not represent the "true" unemployment rate? The stats do not include the millions who have exhausted their UC benefits. If that fact is understood by those on Capitol Hill, why is it never officially addressed? Denying that a problem exists does not make that problem disappear. This issue must be accepted and dealt with or the economy will never improve. Support H.R. 589 now, before even more citizens lose their safety nets and have no money left to contribute to growing the economy.
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 11, 2011 10:24 pm

carl98430 wrote:I'm with you 1208. And there are certainly ways to pay for this legislation (HR 589, that is). Here's a link to an article about that amendment that Senator Thune introduced last year:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20101214/pl_ac/7404974_unemployment_extension_amendment_proposed_by_sen_john_thune

There IS a way to make this happen; the only question is whether the White House has the will to do it. They're in 2012 re-election mode; i'm not so sure how committed they are to helping people like us.

Thune's amendment would have paid for benefits out of discretionary funds. Those funds are not there now. I am all for paying to 589 and feel like that is the only way that it will pass the republicans, but no one ever has any idea where to get the money. Everyone says to find it "somewhere". Where? The government isn't a business or a household. It doesn't hold money to use later. It budgets out all the money it has. This is why government grants are always totally spent by the people who get them, if they don't spend it all they get less next year. If you take the money from government programs it will put even more people out of work. This is the problem that we are running into on the state level. To fix budget deficits they are laying off teachers? Why? Because there isn't "somewhere" to find the money.

This is why this problem is hard to solve.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kweanb Wed May 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Why are 99ers and all the unemployed being ignored? We are tired, hungry and homeless. We would rather have jobs than Unemployment benefits but with neither we are falling farther and farther behind. Who in Washington is listening to our crisis for help? My boyfriend and I are homeless. How can you allow this to happen in America?

Kweanb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Exhausted99er
@OfficialCBC unemployed-friends2.org/t2239p15-cbc-w… via @AdmnUFF2 Pls bring these questions to the President! Members need #HR589 for #99ers #SOS #CBCObama
1 minute ago

All above have been sent! Keep asking!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:13 pm

From the @OfficialCBC:

OfficialCBC The CBC
We support @RepBarbaraLee & @repbobbyscott on HR 589, the Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2011.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next