Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL

4 posters

Go down

PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL Empty PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 12:35 pm

On May 10, 2011 a Republican bil, SB 3010 extending EB was signed by all the PA DOL committee members (mostly Republicans). This is a good sign for other states who did not get the extension, shame on them. We have a Republican Governor and DOL only has only 4 Democrats, so to get this signed by the committee, is a real good thing. Now we have to work on the states who did not extend EB and continue with 589. It is a good day today, but you know how this goes. But for today I can relax. Info is on the other PA thread.

Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL Empty Re: PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 11, 2011 1:34 pm

It looks like every state will pass this fix besides NC. I still believe NC will pass it too but I don't really know when.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL Empty Re: PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Holy cow, whats the World coming to? A repub in favor of unemployment benefits.. surprise
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:On May 10, 2011 a Republican bil, SB 3010 extending EB was signed by all the PA DOL committee members (mostly Republicans). This is a good sign for other states who did not get the extension, shame on them. We have a Republican Governor and DOL only has only 4 Democrats, so to get this signed by the committee, is a real good thing. Now we have to work on the states who did not extend EB and continue with 589. It is a good day today, but you know how this goes. But for today I can relax. Info is on the other PA thread.

Dazed

Congratulations! You did a lot of work on this. I am so happy it worked out for you!!!

PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL 9685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:43 pm

wow...congrats!

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 11, 2011 5:19 pm

The three year look back is just common sense that even a republican could see (no offense Tristen). I am starting to think that the reason NC is the only state that hasn't passed it is due to my notorious bad luck. I feel like it hasn't passed simply because I live here and would benefit. Sorry fellow North Carolina residents.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Lendme, I have a funny feeling unless a state passes the 3-year look back, they cannot take the money from the Feds to spend to reduce their deficits, I still think we are going to get screwed. The legislature in Tennessee went on Spring vacation without even giving a thought about this, at least your people are fighting about it, a good sign.

Btw, thanks for all your support, I must have sent 3000 letters, got responses too. Let me work on your State, I have nothing better to do as Philly has a unemployment rate over 11%, no jobs, none at all, just scammers trying to get your personnal informaton. Keep heart, I think yours will move soon.

Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Holy cow, whats the World coming to? A repub in favor of unemployment benefits.. surprise

Hey Mass., read what I said above, this is what I think they think they are going to do, but not if I can help it.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed May 11, 2011 6:21 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Dazed&Confused wrote:On May 10, 2011 a Republican bil, SB 3010 extending EB was signed by all the PA DOL committee members (mostly Republicans). This is a good sign for other states who did not get the extension, shame on them. We have a Republican Governor and DOL only has only 4 Democrats, so to get this signed by the committee, is a real good thing. Now we have to work on the states who did not extend EB and continue with 589. It is a good day today, but you know how this goes. But for today I can relax. Info is on the other PA thread.

Dazed

Congratulations! You did a lot of work on this. I am so happy it worked out for you!!!

PA ALERT - REPUBLICANS SPONSER EB BILL 9685

Thank you Desperate, but I ain't done yet, I've been working on 589, and I am sending some nasty letters, threats even, I fear the Feds will be at my front door soon. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks dazed. I have been sending emails to NC and to PA. I haven't started on TN yet. They are on break now anyway I think. TN is NC's sister but I can't fight a war on that many fronts at the moment.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Dazed, I'm confused--when I do a search for this bill (S3010) on the http://www.legis.state.pa.us site, nothing comes back...do you have a link to this one?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 12, 2011 12:59 am

Oh I know you must be sleeping by now but here is the link:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2011&sind=0&body=S&type=B&BN=1030

Easy just go to Gordners name and click on it or take the hard way, that is how I found it. Took all last night.

Click on >find legislation by bill, trhc>chose and enter sb 3010>see prime sponser>hit Gordners name>up pops some of the information>open the doc printers #1189 (this is the latest version).

Have a good on Joan, hope to catch you on here soon. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 am

I can't believe this I went to The PA senate website and once again, they are on vacation. Although the bill does not have to be signed by the Governor until June 11, it is a darned good thing they took care of preparing it because they won't be back until May 23rd. I think I may have had a nervous breakdown, if I am not in one now and I think I am

Here are the latest actions

Actions: Referred to LABOR AND INDUSTRY, April 28, 2011
Reported as amended, May 10, 2011
First consideration, May 10, 2011
Second consideration, May 11, 2011
Re-referred to APPROPRIATIONS, May 11, 2011

I am wondering what "re-referred to Appropriations means". I swear they are up to something, but I'll be darned if I know what. Can't trust a republican.

Here are the appropriations committee:

[Members] [Roll Call Votes] [Meetings]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPROPRIATIONS

Officers
Corman, Jake , Chair
Tomlinson, Robert M., Vice Chair
Hughes, Vincent J. , Minority Chair
Ferlo, Jim, Minority Vice Chair
Pileggi, Dominic, ex-officio
Costa, Jay, ex-officio
Scarnati, Joseph B., III, ex-officio

Majority
Argall, David G.
Baker, Lisa
Brubaker, Mike
Gordner, John R.
Greenleaf, Stewart J.
Mensch, Bob
Pippy, John
Rafferty, John C., Jr.
Smucker, Lloyd K.
Vance, Patricia H.
Waugh, Michael L.
White, Mary Jo

Minority
Blake, John P.
Boscola, Lisa M.
Farnese, Jr., Lawrence M.
Fontana, Wayne D.
Tartaglione, Christine M.
Wozniak, John N.
Yudichak, John T.

Bunch of Republicans, they got something up there sleves. What is "re-referred back to Appropriations

Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 12, 2011 2:47 am

I borrowed this from another forum. I don't like the second to the last line:

May 10, 2011

Unemployment compensation bill receives committee approval
Anonymous The Daily Item The Daily Item Tue May 10, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT

HARRISBURG — The Senate Labor and Industry Committee today approved legislation that will continue federal unemployment compensation benefits through the end of the year and institute reforms in the Pennsylvania unemployment compensation system.

The legislation now moves to the full Senate for a vote, and later will require endorsements by the state House of Representatives and the governor before it could become law.

If adopted, the legislation would result in an estimated $50 million in annual savings, said state Sen. John R. Gordner, R-27, who serves as committee chairman and authored the bill.

“On June 11, approximately 45,000 unemployed Pennsylvanians who currently qualify for federal extended benefits will be dropped from the unemployment rolls unless we slightly modify the state law,” Gordner said.

“It costs the state no money to qualify for these fully funded federal benefits through the end of the year, and results in an estimated $150 million in economic benefits.”

Additionally, the committee approved an amendment by Gordner to institute several reforms in the Unemployment Compensation law, as well as update obsolete provisions in the law. The reforms include:

n A new requirement for unemployment compensation recipients to search for work, replacing an obsolete and unenforceable provision in current law.

n A partial offset for those who receive severance payments in addition to unemployment compensation.

n A change in the way the maximum weekly benefit is calculated to slow benefit growth.

n Automatic relief from compensation charges for employers when it is later determined a former employee does not qualify for benefits.

The committee also approved an amendment by state Sen. Charles McIlhinney, R-Bucks, to institute a voluntary work share agreement in workplaces to avoid mass layoffs. Under work share, employees and the employer may agree to reduce hours for workers instead of reducing the workforce, and then allowing the employees to qualify for partial benefits.

“None of these changes reduce current benefits, but will save the state about $50 million annually by slowing the rate of benefit growth,” Gordner said.

“This is an important first step in addressing our unemployment compensation debt.”

Gordner said he will work to pass Senate Bill 1030 by the end of May so that the state House has time to take up the legislation prior to the June 11 deadline.

IT BETTER NOT BE AN IMPORTANT FIRST STEP IN TAKING OUR MONEY.

IT CONCERNS ME THEY, THE REPS, ARE THE MAJORITY PARTY AND PERHAPS TO USE THE MONEY TO MAKE THEMSELVES SOLVENT, THEY MUST PASS THE 3-YEAR LOOK BACK. IT CAME VERY FAST, AS FAST AS THE US BILL ALLOWING STATES TO USE THE MONEY, AND NOT GIVE US WHAT WE FOUGHT SO HARD FOR, BUT RATHER TAKE CARE OF THE STATES SOLVENCY. MAKES ME WORRIED.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 12, 2011 2:50 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Holy cow, whats the World coming to? A repub in favor of unemployment benefits.. surprise

Aw, I think they must have something up their sleves, but I am praying they do not, but who can trust a Republican?
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu May 12, 2011 7:45 pm

OK, these are the amendments that I was pointing out in the other thread. I think the main ones that appeal to them are slowing the increases in benefits and making it easier for employers to get out of their financial obligations. The section about the work search is just to make it more of a PITA for us on general principles. Same as drug tests in other states--accomplishes nothing, but punishes us lazy good-for-nothings and makes the God-fearn', hard-workin' folks feel better.

At the end if the day, I think even they see the political and economic reality of the situation, much like the Republicans in NJ did. And notice how Gordner is now trying to take credit for this when it was Sen. Tartaglinone who introduced it.

I dunno...the workshare stuff sounds kinda French and gay to me. Just sayin'.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 12, 2011 8:16 pm

And don't forget communist, which is obviously French and gay as well.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 12, 2011 8:35 pm

JoanB wrote:OK, these are the amendments that I was pointing out in the other thread. I think the main ones that appeal to them are slowing the increases in benefits and making it easier for employers to get out of their financial obligations. The section about the work search is just to make it more of a PITA for us on general principles. Same as drug tests in other states--accomplishes nothing, but punishes us lazy good-for-nothings and makes the God-fearn', hard-workin' folks feel better.

At the end if the day, I think even they see the political and economic reality of the situation, much like the Republicans in NJ did. And notice how Gordner is now trying to take credit for this when it was Sen. Tartaglinone who introduced it.

I dunno...the workshare stuff sounds kinda French and gay to me. Just sayin'.

We had workshare here in Philly many years ago for people on Welfare. They were picked up in the morning, given a broom and dropped off in different locations to clean the pavement and streets, by 9am, they were asleep on your lawn. Cost more money to transport them, then they received for doing nothing. It just don't work. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu May 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:
We had workshare here in Philly many years ago for people on Welfare. They were picked up in the morning, given a broom and dropped off in different locations to clean the pavement and streets, by 9am, they were asleep on your lawn. Cost more money to transport them, then they received for doing nothing. It just don't work. Dazed

Dazed, are you sure you aren't thinking of workfare? I remember that. This amendment in the bill seems to be that if, say, you had 10 employees working 40-hour weeks and needed to reduce your total hours for the work week from 400 to 320, instead of laying off 2 people, you would keep all of them on, but reduce everyone's weekly hours to 32. Then, for the 8 hours that everyone would lose, they would each get a partial UC benefit. That way it would spead the pain around a little more fairly.

At least that was my take on it. That's why I was surprised that a Republican introduced the amendment--it sounds so share-ey and volunteer-ey and stuff. What do all y'all (still channelling Paula Dean) think?

JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu May 12, 2011 9:11 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:And don't forget communist, which is obviously French and gay as well.

Yeah. And I've always had my suspicions about you too, comrade.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 12, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm pretty out in the open about communist tendencies, no need to have suspicion about me.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu May 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Same with me and my...French tendencies too!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down