Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

why are we just hanging our heads and taking it?

4 posters

Go down

why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? Empty why are we just hanging our heads and taking it?

Post by Dazed&Confused Sat May 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Seems to me we are under the dictatorship of our so-called Congress. They have continually made our lives as miserable as they possibly can, and that does include the Democrats.

Here we are having every benefit stripped from us and we just take it. Look at those countries fighting for freedom, even willing to die for it and all we can do is post, email, etc. They do not even read our emails. The many, many phone calls I made, the person on the other end says "oh, okay I let him know" but she does not even take my name and phone number. I had one Representative respond to me (out of hundreds of emails) that the Republicans (in PA) were controlling everything and there is nothing they could do about it. "Hey Mr. Representative, how about fighting for us." That is what they are for is it not.

I think it is high time that we rise up against this government and let them know the government is supposed to be " for the people, by the people" not for the Congress, and big business.

My EB will expire in July anyway, and I will probably be okay, but there are too many who will not be okay, they will lose their homes, cars, everything and it is high time we get something together to stop this insanity. We did not create this freakin' mess, but we are the invisible. We need to stop this craziness now and we need a plan yesterday. I am so mad I can hardly contain myself, why are we not fighting for our freedom, because that is what it has become about, the freedom from fear, oh yes, we have fear now. We need to do something about this. How is it helping us if the Congress passes measure to give our unemployment funds to the states so they become solvent? I do not give a flying f about a solvent States; they took my money for all of these years and should have planned better, even if they had to tax us at a higher rate to keep the Unemployment Plan solvent. I care about what this Government of our let Wall Street do to us. Yet I am still amazed that of all the "new" jobs created; only 11% came from large corporations. They should have taken all profits from those who were bailed out and brought the deficit down by using the money of those who created this mess. I cannot stand the lies this Congress spits out at us anymore and we have to do something about it. This is not a rant, it is something we have to do, and figure out how to do it.
Frustrated Wishful thinking ain't gonna work. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? Empty Re: why are we just hanging our heads and taking it?

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 1:35 pm

The only way we will get through to them quickly is to have HUGE protests...protests big enough to make the MSM and reach other countries news as well.

Sometimes I think we should all just walk out our front doors with picket signs and start walking up and down the streets with hopes that people join in along the way. (wishful thinking lol) We seriously need a new game plan!

All though members of congress ie Rep Lee have continuously said that we need to keep up the fight and keep contacting members of congress. I believe it is working but its not enough and not fast enough. I really feel we need to bring protests up a notch!
why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? 562135 capitil hill

Back to top Go down

why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? Empty Re: why are we just hanging our heads and taking it?

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat May 07, 2011 1:45 pm

We have forgotten how to stand up for ourselves in this country. When they working class protests something like union busting laws people call them communists and not real Americans. That even happens on here, you would think that people who had been screwed over and out of work for a year or two would take the side of other working people but they don't a lot of times. If these people can't even take our side how can we expect the guy who still has a job to do it?

It's shameful really, we as a class of people get what we deserve.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 2:09 pm

I have been getting quite a few positive responses from some people on twitter and some of the union protesters. I had one woman tell me she is affiliated with the PAC and that she can reach many groups. she asked how they can help. She said she was going to spread the word and have them do some calling, faxing, and tweeting. I told her we need protests but none of us have money to travel to Washington.

People are catching on and trying to understand, but its not happening fast enough. I think the only way we will see it is if all types of causes band together similar to the "we are one" rallies.
ie-groups of 99ers, groups of pro union, those against the assault on SS etc...

We need some major organizing. It will happen, I really believe that one day soon, those that haven't reached their breaking point yet WILL and we will start to see protests like those in WI

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Sat May 07, 2011 2:37 pm

You dont need to go to washington. Just have everyone go to the nearest busy intersection and hold out a HUGE sign. Once 20 million people do this, drivers are going to start wondering why they see this every mile or so. This will spread on the internet and eventually gather attention in the media. Needs to be done at the same time though.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecitizen Sat May 07, 2011 4:19 pm

I think we are just "taking it" because not enough people have been hurt by these policies. Right now they are rushing to take away the unemployment net - is it because much more layoffs are coming and Congress has decided the benefits need to be cut drastically. They sure have spent much more time cutting unemployment benefits than figuring out how to get some life into the economy.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 10:51 pm

invisiblecitizen wrote:I think we are just "taking it" because not enough people have been hurt by these policies. Right now they are rushing to take away the unemployment net - is it because much more layoffs are coming and Congress has decided the benefits need to be cut drastically. They sure have spent much more time cutting unemployment benefits than figuring out how to get some life into the economy.

Exactly! This whole mess is going to start affecting the whole economy very soon. As Congress cuts more and more, there will be less consumers which will lead to total economic disaster. In a consumer driven economy, you need people who have money to spend. Congress is taking that away for millions.

I see protests starting very soon, and probably not started by the "99ers", but by people who have finally been affected by the strain high unemployment has put on this economy. This whole mess is going to affect the entire middle class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 11:02 pm

hello wrote:You dont need to go to washington. Just have everyone go to the nearest busy intersection and hold out a HUGE sign. Once 20 million people do this, drivers are going to start wondering why they see this every mile or so. This will spread on the internet and eventually gather attention in the media. Needs to be done at the same time though.

Good idea!! why are we just hanging our heads and taking it? 938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down