Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs

3 posters

Go down

Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs Empty Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:14 pm

President Barack Obama is reassuring the public that jobs and the economy are his top priority.

The news of bin Laden's demise dominated the week's headlines.

"So although our economy hasn't been the focus of the news this week, not a day goes by that I'm not focused on your jobs, your hopes and your dreams," Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110507/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama

Back to top Go down

Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs Empty Re: Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Right! UNEMPLOYED TOO, DUH!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs Empty Re: Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:20 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Right! UNEMPLOYED TOO, DUH!!!

He is meeting with the full membership of the CBC in the coming week. Unemployment and the 99ers are on the agenda for the meeting.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat May 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs 671705 Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs 702363 Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs 758924 Obama tries to reassure public on economy, jobs 450627 capitil hill Hit OBAMA with everything this week.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:37 pm

GOOD! Now lets see some action! capitil hill

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Ok, Then after the meeting , this will be a very very serious revealing of probability and what the true focus will be from Lee's perspective. After we get the details what came out of the meeting! IF it takes place!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat May 07, 2011 7:47 pm

more lip service. Rolling Eyes
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat May 07, 2011 8:53 pm

After all the reassurance look where the unemployed & 99er's are at. So who the hell is he trying to reassure!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 9:19 pm

He can talk all he wants, better be some action for the american people who need jobs. Time is running out for millions, and he won't be able to give the tent cities much lip service. They'll run him out of there.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun May 08, 2011 11:55 am

If the bills pass that allow states to take unemployment funding and cancel remaining extensions and divert the money to jobs creation one thing for sure!!! We will have several more million as out of benefits!!!I cannot imagine Obama signing off on these bills because he got extensions passed til Jan 2012... By co operating with repubs. on their tax credits for the rich and the repubs. will stick it to him by passage of these bills. Question is will he sign off or veto.?? . Now the repubs. want these bills and then all unemployment extensions beyond the normal 26 weeks will end and stop. So those who are on tiers or their first 26 weeks. Hello! if these bills pass you are done with benefits..

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 12:31 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:If the bills pass that allow states to take unemployment funding and cancel remaining extensions and divert the money to jobs creation one thing for sure!!! We will have several more million as out of benefits!!!I cannot imagine Obama signing off on these bills because he got extensions passed til Jan 2012... By co operating with repubs. on their tax credits for the rich and the repubs. will stick it to him by passage of these bills. Question is will he sign off or veto.?? . Now the repubs. want these bills and then all unemployment extensions beyond the normal 26 weeks will end and stop. So those who are on tiers or their first 26 weeks. Hello! if these bills pass you are done with benefits..

Very true 1208! A hearing in the Ways & Means Committee has already been scheduled for HR 1745 on May 11 by Chairman David Camp. HR 589 has been there since February 9!

This bill may pass the House, not sure about the Senate, they have a similar bill -S. 904 which is in the Senate Finance Committee.

All this is going to do is distract and slow down any hopes of passage of HR 589!

Once again, our friends in the GOP have thrown us under the bus!

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun May 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Desp.. No! They are afraid 589 will pass and created these bills to offset passage. Why? Because if 589 passes they want a way to confiscate the funding! So no I think the opposite, they also know they can't sit on 589 in committee. Yes a lot of bills die in committee.. But that is because bth parties let them die.. So Lee and others will keep pushing 589 I do not see how it can die. But the next plan would to bring it to the floor and fight it. With blocking, house vote down and these 2 bills to alter, but they will not make it. But I am hoping the two bills were created as a counter to 589... Otherwise they will affect millions now on benefits who would lose them but timing is my question. Thats why I think they are for 589 counter or stumbling block for 589 if it passed. So I also hope this means 589 can come out soon. Oh well. who knows where anything is going??

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 1:16 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Desp.. No! They are afraid 589 will pass and created these bills to offset passage. Why? Because if 589 passes they want a way to confiscate the funding! So no I think the opposite, they also know they can't sit on 589 in committee. Yes a lot of bills die in committee.. But that is because bth parties let them die.. So Lee and others will keep pushing 589 I do not see how it can die. But the next plan would to bring it to the floor and fight it. With blocking, house vote down and these 2 bills to alter, but they will not make it. But I am hoping the two bills were created as a counter to 589... Otherwise they will affect millions now on benefits who would lose them but timing is my question. Thats why I think they are for 589 counter or stumbling block for 589 if it passed. So I also hope this means 589 can come out soon. Oh well. who knows where anything is going??

I agree there is a better chance of HR 589 getting out of Committee now, it would add 14 weeks to Tier 1, which the GOP proposed bicameral legislation is trying to allow the states to confiscate.

The problem I see is that there will be so much debate around HR 1745, HR 589 will be pushed way back on the House agenda. If by chance both bills pass the House, HR 589 and all the Federal tiers are in jeopardy in the Senate with the introduction of S. 904.

While I agree that S. 904 has no chance in hell of passing in the Democrat controlled Senate, we saw last year how long it took for the final passage of S. 4213. The fight for that began in February, 2010 and ended when President Obama was forced to cave in to the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts in December.

If by some miracle HR 589 passes through the House and Senate, it is going to be too late anyway. The deadlines for extensions will be long passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun May 08, 2011 2:40 pm

The only thing the GOPers are in NEED of is a tall tree and a short rope,for themselves around their lying, cheating, thieving necks. They have done NOTHING for us, they will CONTINUE to do NOTHING except cause ANY and ALL problems for the unemployed. We have been nothing but a burden and drain on their MASTER plan to usurp power for their corporate masters own interests, the people be dammed at any cost.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down