Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
September 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar


5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed May 04, 2011 5:53 pm

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5579

Keep up the pressure!

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Guest on Wed May 04, 2011 6:08 pm

this is a positive step!! cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Guest on Wed May 04, 2011 6:26 pm

99ers: Barbara Lee Presents Issueto White House Chief of Staff. Today the CBC met with White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley for about an hour. During the meeting the issue of the 99ers and unemployment extensions was discussed. The issue is likely to come up again soon with the White House in a meaningful meeting.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed May 04, 2011 6:35 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
99ers: Barbara Lee Presents Issueto White House Chief of Staff. Today the CBC met with White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley for about an hour. During the meeting the issue of the 99ers and unemployment extensions was discussed. The issue is likely to come up again soon with the White House in a meaningful meeting.


We should hammer Daley with tweets calls and emails!

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Wed May 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Wish I could watch the video, my sound doesn't work anymore on my laptop.

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions.

Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 42
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Guest on Wed May 04, 2011 6:51 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
99ers: Barbara Lee Presents Issueto White House Chief of Staff. Today the CBC met with White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley for about an hour. During the meeting the issue of the 99ers and unemployment extensions was discussed. The issue is likely to come up again soon with the White House in a meaningful meeting.


We should hammer Daley with tweets calls and emails!

And President Obama! Thank him for taking out bin Laden, and ask him when he will help us! If there is going to be a "meaningful Whitehouse meeting", we need to start this asap!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Wed May 04, 2011 9:09 pm

well she proved me wrong again! I am glad to say I am sorry for being to skeptical of her motivation to keep advocating the bill......But we need activity before their next break...

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:well she proved me wrong again! I am glad to say I am sorry for being to skeptical of her motivation to keep advocating the bill......But we need activity before their next break...

ITS all about US, we need to speak up no matter what I have seen it work!

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Dazed&Confused on Thu May 05, 2011 12:27 am

You are absolutely correct, it is up to US to get what we want, not wait for them to give it to us. After all, this was no fault of our own, in my state we pay into Unemployment, so I figure it is my money and it has compounded daily over all these years. So I want my money, if not start my social security now because by the time it takes to get 30,000,000 jobs back, I'll be dead anyway, so give it to me NOW. Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Member

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-02-22
Location : Philadelphia

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Abbie on Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 am

Finding it difficult to get excited over a video of people coming out a door and loud mic feedback. There needs to be 'meaningful' action and soon, not words and a short video. Their definition of 'meaningful' and 'soon' more than likely are not the same as mine. JMHO.

Abbie
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by hello on Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 am

Abbie wrote:Finding it difficult to get excited over a video of people coming out a door and loud mic feedback. There needs to be 'meaningful' action and soon, not words and a short video. Their definition of 'meaningful' and 'soon' more than likely are not the same as mine. JMHO.

Well we could use this to our advantage. Lets flood them with videos of people coming out doors and making statements with really LOUD mic feedback.
Maybe that will annoy them to the point where they pass this bill.

hello
Member

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Guest on Thu May 05, 2011 10:23 am

hello wrote:
Abbie wrote:Finding it difficult to get excited over a video of people coming out a door and loud mic feedback. There needs to be 'meaningful' action and soon, not words and a short video. Their definition of 'meaningful' and 'soon' more than likely are not the same as mine. JMHO.

Well we could use this to our advantage. Lets flood them with videos of people coming out doors and making statements with really LOUD mic feedback.
Maybe that will annoy them to the point where they pass this bill.

I must admit, My first thought when I saw the "video" was "whats the point of this?"
However I am happy that they are trying to get the white house involved with this bill.

I wonder when they have the official meeting?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Guest on Thu May 05, 2011 10:25 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:well she proved me wrong again! I am glad to say I am sorry for being to skeptical of her motivation to keep advocating the bill......But we need activity before their next break...

I agree 1208, we need to see action before they take off again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Abbie on Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 am

hello wrote:
Abbie wrote:Finding it difficult to get excited over a video of people coming out a door and loud mic feedback. There needs to be 'meaningful' action and soon, not words and a short video. Their definition of 'meaningful' and 'soon' more than likely are not the same as mine. JMHO.

Well we could use this to our advantage. Lets flood them with videos of people coming out doors and making statements with really LOUD mic feedback.
Maybe that will annoy them to the point where they pass this bill.

We are going to need more than that to get Republicans to get a move on, without them we will get no where.

Abbie
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 5/4 99ers: Barbara Lee Talks to WH Chief of Staff Daley

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:56 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum