Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times!

3 posters

Go down

Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! Empty Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Worker Solidarity Rallies Across the Country!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hartford, CT
Wednesday, February 23 12:00pm, State Capitol West Steps

Orlando, FL
Thursday, February 24 6:30pm, In front of the University of Central Florida.

Palm Bay, FL
Monday, February 28 1:00pm and 6:00pm, Town Hall meetings with Reps Tobia and Workman at City Hall.

Atlanta, GA
Wednesday, February 23 4:00pm-6:00pm, State Capitol

Peoria, IL
Thursday, February 24 5:00pm, Peoria County Courthouse.

Duluth, MN
Thursday, February 24 12:00pm, City Hall.

Saint Paul, MN
Tuesday, February 22 4:00pm – 5:00pm, Minnesota State Capitol Rotunda

Trenton, NJ
Friday, February 25 12:00pm, State House.

New York, NY
Tuesday, February 22 5:00pm Wisconsin Solidarity Rally at FOX News at 6th Ave. and 48th St.

Portland, OR
Saturday, February 26 4:00pm, Pioneer Square

Philadelphia, PA
Thursday, February 24 11:30am-2:30pm, Tom Paine Plaza, in front of the MSB, across from City Hall

Pittsburgh, PA
Thursday, February 24 12:00pm, USW Headquarters

Scranton, PA
Wednesday, February 23 12:00pm, Lackawanna Court House

Providence, RI
Tuesday, February 22 4:30pm – 7:30pm
, Rhode Island State House

Nashville, TN
Wednesday,
February 23 11:30am, State Capitol, Legislative Plaza in front of
the escalators to the tunnel. Rally & Press conference “Stop the
Attack on Hardworking Tennesseans”

Dallas, TX
Saturday, February 26 10:00am, Hearing at 410 S Beckley (Judge Medrano’s Room)

Salt Lake City, UT
Tuesday, February 22. State Capitol, contact UT AFL-CIO for details

Spokane, WA
Friday, February 25 4:30pm-5:30pm, Corner of Ruby, Division and North River Drive in front of Wendy’s Restaurant

Madison, WI
Rallies at the Statehouse continue.

West Bend, WI
Sunday, February 27 12:00pm-3:00pm, Corner of Paradise & Main St.

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! Empty Re: Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I hope some unemployed show up with signs.

I will share this out great info!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! Empty Re: Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times!

Post by ET Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Just to be clear...these are rallies in support of collective bargaining, that is going in Madison, WI right now. We are an add-on...which is fine, just to make that clear..that these people have jobs and we don't.
ET
ET

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:45 pm

The unemployed have been gathering in support across the country! Bring your signs!

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:04 pm

ET wrote:Just to be clear...these are rallies in support of collective bargaining, that is going in Madison, WI right now. We are an add-on...which is fine, just to make that clear..that these people have jobs and we don't.
I have been going back and forth on both sites ~ seeing who's there & here & keeping up on things ~ I just have to comment on your post ~ who cares if we are an add on ~ it's getting the word out there ~ some of these people could end up being unemployed if all this crap that Walker wants to do happens~ please no offense intended but "don't be such a downer" ~ I've been out there for several days now in the snow, the rain & all the crap who cares ~ I've said this before on the forums ~ you'd be surprised how many people think that with the last extention all the unemployed got a 13 more months of UC ~ we all know that didn't happen ~ so if we can add on to someone else's fight & show our cause along with theirs ~ well then "let's roll with it" either get on board or I don't know what to say ~ but this is our lives & our livelihood & we want it back! So if we have to fight someone else's fight as what you call an "add on" ~ Go for it! If you take a look at what's going on other states are showing their support ~ so if they are showing support then our members of the Unemployed are able to get the word out in their own states & show support for the unemployed ~ all it takes is ~ a sign or two, dress for the weather, get a ride to where the event is being held, good walking boots, fill up your pockets with muchies & some h20 & you are off ~ you can spend the whole day just an hour any time spent at a rally is time well spent ~ the list on this forum had like 25 or 30 events ~ there's sure to be one in your area ~ get ready to hit the pavement now!
These are worker solidarity rallys don't you want to be a worker again? Enough said
mj
mj

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Any chance to be heard is a chance I will take. I can't stand in line at the store without getting in someones ear.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:13 pm

no one is chewing anyone out ~ just stating the way i feel ~ and you are doing the same thing ~ you maybe in total support as am I ~ "whew cool your buns...whoever you are" ~ that's pretty tough ~ I'm just like you "unemployment" & trying to fight for our rights just like you ~ If you feel you must go away & you are disgusted ~ that's your choice ~ I'm sorry you feel I stepped on your toes but I am entitled to my opinion as are you ~ I'll stay on the other site & just monitor here
good bye
mj
mj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:29 pm

ET wrote:Just to be clear...these are rallies in support of collective bargaining, that is going in Madison, WI right now. We are an add-on...which is fine, just to make that clear..that these people have jobs and we don't.

There are many others that feel this way too and I understand what you are saying, I felt the same at first. It would be nice to have protests this big for just the unemployed. But we do need employed people to back us up. After all we cant do this alone and many of the employed could end up where we are very soon. Try to think of it as a start of good things to come. If we back them up, chances are they will back us up. This is a perfect opportunity to get out there and be seen.
If collective bargaining rights and rights to protest are taken away, then its going to send this country into a downward spiral faster and far worse than it already is. Taking away collective bargaining rights will affect ALL workers not just union workers.
Bye the way, Thank you, Ellen! I know how hard you have been working and you have been an awesome advocate for 99ers. All of our hard work will prevail soon for sure!!!
Keep up the good work every one!
~Amy Solidarity Rallies Nationwide ~ Dates and Times! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Worker Solidarity Rallies Across the Country!

Hartford, CT
Wednesday, February 23 12:00pm, State Capitol West Steps

Orlando, FL
Thursday, February 24 6:30pm, In front of the University of Central Florida.

Palm Bay, FL
Monday, February 28 1:00pm and 6:00pm, Town Hall meetings with Reps Tobia and Workman at City Hall.

Atlanta, GA
Wednesday, February 23 4:00pm-6:00pm, State Capitol

Peoria, IL
Thursday, February 24 5:00pm, Peoria County Courthouse.

Duluth, MN
Thursday, February 24 12:00pm, City Hall.

Trenton, NJ
Friday, February 25 12:00pm, State House.

Portland, OR
Saturday, February 26 4:00pm, Pioneer Square

Philadelphia, PA
Thursday, February 24 11:30am-2:30pm, Tom Paine Plaza, in front of the MSB, across from City Hall

Pittsburgh, PA
Thursday, February 24 12:00pm, USW Headquarters

Scranton, PA
Wednesday, February 23 12:00pm, Lackawanna Court House

Nashville, TN
Wednesday,
February 23 11:30am, State Capitol, Legislative Plaza in front of
the escalators to the tunnel. Rally & Press conference “Stop the
Attack on Hardworking Tennesseans”

Dallas, TX
Saturday, February 26 10:00am, Hearing at 410 S Beckley (Judge Medrano’s Room)

Spokane, WA
Friday, February 25 4:30pm-5:30pm, Corner of Ruby, Division and North River Drive in front of Wendy’s Restaurant

Madison, WI
Rallies at the Statehouse continue.

West Bend, WI
Sunday, February 27 12:00pm-3:00pm, Corner of Paradise & Main St.

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Glad to see some of these in Florida...will pass this onto people I know that live near Orlando.
et
ET
ET

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:01 pm

I will update this list daily as new information regarding the Solidarity Rallies is made available!

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:43 pm

awesome ~ the more we can get out there ~ the more they will see us! thanks
mj
mj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down