Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
September 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar


GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Where did “The Donald” go????

Inquiring minds want to know. This is a person asking for President Obama’s birth certificate. We want Donald Trumps draft card.

For someone wanting to run the “free world,” at the most critical time in his life when 2.9 million American served in Vietnam and millions more in the military, for no reason known to anyone, and in direct contradiction to the laws of man and the United States, Donald Trump managed to “slide on by.”

The generation that served, some surviving, many more not, isn’t ready to welcome “the Donald” until he explains exactly where and why. Where were you Donald? Why didn’t you serve? How did you get out of it? Where did you go? Who helped you?



http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/03/31/to-chickenhawk-donald-trump-show-us-your-draft-card/


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by troycomic on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:14 pm

He bought his way out. Just like most draftees would of if they could. My respect for Trump will be predicated on how he handles this.


troycomic
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:48 am

There's enough dirt on Trump that he would be stupid to run. But yes he came from a rich family and bought his way out.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by lendmeflight2 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:55 am

I think Trump has lost his mind. I think he thinks he can win.

He won't run though because he won't want to reveal how much money he has.

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:06 am

True, he's so self absorbed because he thinks the rules don't pertain to him. He's got a lot of skeletons in his closet, such as all the Democrats he's supported.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by troycomic on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 am

BUT HE HAS A GOOD CHANCE. THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO WISH THEY VOTED FOR ROSS PEROT.

THIS IS THEIR CHANCE TO VOTE FOR A ROSS PEROT.

I HOPE TRUMP SAYS I AM RUNNING FOR JUST 1 TERM, GET THE COUNTRY RUNNING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, THE HAND OFF THE THE VICE.


troycomic
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by lendmeflight2 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:13 am

Donald Trump is no Ross Perot but I see your point. The government is not a business and its not supposed to be. That is why I don't think he will be as good at it as he thinks he will.

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by troycomic on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:22 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Donald Trump is no Ross Perot but I see your point. The government is not a business and its not supposed to be. That is why I don't think he will be as good at it as he thinks he will.

Unfortunately the government is run like a "dysfunctional business". George Washington and the "Real America" is dead.

In 2011 the government is to be run like a business. I hate it, but I have to accept it.

If Trump becomes prez it will just mean that he is the most successful man alive.
And if that is the case I hope he does what he sets out to do unlike Oboma.

He will want to do a good job just to say "I DID A GOOD JOB, HOW GREAT AM I " which I don't mind IF HE DOES IT.

troycomic
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by lendmeflight2 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:59 am

Well, I could see that. I agree he only wants because of his ego. He might actually be the most successful man alive.

My point is that the deficit is a problem but at the same time the government was never intended to make a profit like a business, its more like a non-profit I guess.

I am not sure Trump understands that. He would be good at the money part but I don't know about anything else.

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by Abbie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:29 am

I would like to see the Donald's receipt for that hair piece because I believe he has been ripped off. Anyone wearing that rug on top their head and thinking it looks good has no business running a country because it's obvious they can easily be duped.

If you can afford to buy your way out of the service you can afford better hair pieces too.

Abbie
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by suri on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:54 am

Seriously?? With all our problems in this country we are going to 'debate' the Donald's hair?

suri
Member

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:54 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Where did “The Donald” go????

Inquiring minds want to know. This is a person asking for President Obama’s birth certificate. We want Donald Trumps draft card.

For someone wanting to run the “free world,” at the most critical time in his life when 2.9 million American served in Vietnam and millions more in the military, for no reason known to anyone, and in direct contradiction to the laws of man and the United States, Donald Trump managed to “slide on by.”

The generation that served, some surviving, many more not, isn’t ready to welcome “the Donald” until he explains exactly where and why. Where were you Donald? Why didn’t you serve? How did you get out of it? Where did you go? Who helped you?



http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/03/31/to-chickenhawk-donald-trump-show-us-your-draft-card/



Did Obama serve????

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:24 pm

1208, Obama would have been a baby when the Viet Nam "Conflict" was started, and barely a teenager when we pulled our troops out.

The draft stopped in 1974, I remember because my classmates were able to breath a sigh of relief. That was the year I graduated high school and if the draft were still in place, the boys who weren't fortunate enough to go to college (Pell Grants were only in the infancy stage then) would have been shipped off to basic training then off to Viet Nam.

In the period when President Obama would have been in the age range to serve in the military, there were no wars or conflicts going on either. So the whole issue of whether or not the President served, is a moot point. I believe he served our country in other ways through his community activism in his younger days.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Just a note to the above post. People like "The Donald" get me angry on this subject. I often visit "cemetery hill" here in my hometown, and there are numerous graves of the kids I went to school with who were either killed over there or came home and committed suicide because of the atrocities they witnessed over there. To this day, friends and relatives of mine are still suffering, many dying, from the chemicals (mainly Agent Orange) they were exposed to.

People who bought their way out make me sick. I would think you would feel the same way. Aren't you a "survivor" of Viet Nam?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by delko on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Hey at least he can prove he was born in the United States of America! Last time I checked, not having served in Vietnam does not preclude someone from becoming President. However, not being born a Citizen DOES!!

delko
Member

Posts : 88
Join date : 2011-03-21
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:19 pm

*Bangs head*. Obama was born in Hawaii. Why the nutty birthers keep bringing that up proves they have nothing to attack him for and they know if they mention him being biracial proves them racist (though this is why they keep bringing up the birth issue).

Anyway, I often heard the right wingers bringing up Clinton not serving, only to find out very few of them actually served. Most of them got deferments or what I call rich daddy deferments. I find people like that hypocritcal.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by lendmeflight2 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:21 pm

Here we go again.


That's actually not necessarily true either. John McCain was born in Panama but he is eligible.


Now that I think about it, Donald Trump has never shown me his birth certificate.

COME ON TRUMP! WHERE IS YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:22 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:1208, Obama would have been a baby when the Viet Nam "Conflict" was started, and barely a teenager when we pulled our troops out.

The draft stopped in 1974, I remember because my classmates were able to breath a sigh of relief. That was the year I graduated high school and if the draft were still in place, the boys who weren't fortunate enough to go to college (Pell Grants were only in the infancy stage then) would have been shipped off to basic training then off to Viet Nam.

In the period when President Obama would have been in the age range to serve in the military, there were no wars or conflicts going on either. So the whole issue of whether or not the President served, is a moot point. I believe he served our country in other ways through his community activism in his younger days.


Point!!! Obama has no military experience at all either! It shows! Who said anything about Viet Nam or conflicts.By the way, there has always been conflicts!WWI,WWII,Korean,Noreiga(if you consider that a conflict),gulf wari, Iraq war, Afganistan, Libya(now), elsewhere??? He was 19 or 20 or 21 at one time. he has not even served in any military!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Bush's only "military experience" was being in the Texas Guard and being drunk most of the time. This is out there if people want to find out, but Bush wasn't qualified to start a war. Most of his advisors didn't even serve and most got deferments. I'd rather have something you never served in charge instead of a rich boy who was drunk all the time being advised by people who got deferments because they had money.

Btw, I would advise people to look these stats up and to listen to the song "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by lendmeflight2 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:37 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:1208, Obama would have been a baby when the Viet Nam "Conflict" was started, and barely a teenager when we pulled our troops out.

The draft stopped in 1974, I remember because my classmates were able to breath a sigh of relief. That was the year I graduated high school and if the draft were still in place, the boys who weren't fortunate enough to go to college (Pell Grants were only in the infancy stage then) would have been shipped off to basic training then off to Viet Nam.

In the period when President Obama would have been in the age range to serve in the military, there were no wars or conflicts going on either. So the whole issue of whether or not the President served, is a moot point. I believe he served our country in other ways through his community activism in his younger days.


Point!!! Obama has no military experience at all either! It shows! Who said anything about Viet Nam or conflicts.By the way, there has always been conflicts!WWI,WWII,Korean,Noreiga(if you consider that a conflict),gulf wari, Iraq war, Afganistan, Libya(now), elsewhere??? He was 19 or 20 or 21 at one time. he has not even served in any military!



Well, the thread is about Vietnam. So that is "who anything about Vietnam".

I am really not sure what point you are making because if Trump is the republican nominee, America will be choosing between two people with no military experience.

So what is your point?

When you are trying to decide on hiring someone you don't compare traits that neither candidate has, you judge them based on other merits that they can contribute.

I get it, Trump is really rich and we worship wealth. However, that doesn't mean he will be a good president.

I can promise you that jobs and the economy will go over the cliff if he is elected but he will run the country like a CEO and cut everything that doesn't make a profit. The federal government is not a business and is not supposed to make a profit.

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by Sunrise on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:44 pm

delko wrote:Hey at least he can prove he was born in the United States of America! Last time I checked, not having served in Vietnam does not preclude someone from becoming President. However, not being born a Citizen DOES!!

CNN has investigated these claims and here are the key points:

Certificate of live birth

The Obama team and the state of Hawaii released a certification of live birth, which documents the president’s birth on August 4, 1961, in Honolulu. This is not the original birth certificate. In Hawaii and other states, original birth certificates are not released when requested later.

CNN has seen a copy of the document and verified that it is official.

Dr. Chiyome Fukino, the former director of Hawaii's Department of Health, says she has personally viewed the president's original vital records and verified that he was born in Hawaii.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/15/debunking-the-birther-claim/?hpt=Sbin




Sunrise
Member

Posts : 53
Join date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:17 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:1208, Obama would have been a baby when the Viet Nam "Conflict" was started, and barely a teenager when we pulled our troops out.

The draft stopped in 1974, I remember because my classmates were able to breath a sigh of relief. That was the year I graduated high school and if the draft were still in place, the boys who weren't fortunate enough to go to college (Pell Grants were only in the infancy stage then) would have been shipped off to basic training then off to Viet Nam.

In the period when President Obama would have been in the age range to serve in the military, there were no wars or conflicts going on either. So the whole issue of whether or not the President served, is a moot point. I believe he served our country in other ways through his community activism in his younger days.


Point!!! Obama has no military experience at all either! It shows! Who said anything about Viet Nam or conflicts.By the way, there has always been conflicts!WWI,WWII,Korean,Noreiga(if you consider that a conflict),gulf wari, Iraq war, Afganistan, Libya(now), elsewhere??? He was 19 or 20 or 21 at one time. he has not even served in any military!

I believe that Obama may have been too old to enlist in the armed services during Desert Storm, and the other wars after that.

As someone else in this thread mentioned, I believe, Trump would run this country like a business, and he wasn't so great at that. Look at his bankruptcy record.

Take it from someone who lives in a state that just got rid of Governor like that. We were led by someone who was a former CEO of a Fortune 100 company here in RI for 8 years. In those 8 years, while he ran our government like a business, he ran RI right into the ground. Every human service agency was cut to bare bones. People who were in real need of assistance, and I am not talking about welfare recipients, I am talking about individuals with severe development disabilities were completely shut off from receiving any type of services that would add to the quality of their lives. Meanwhile, his cronies were added to the state payroll in newly created positions with six figure salaries.

Funding was pulled from cities and towns for education, highway safety, etc. Right now, over 1,500 teaching positions have been eliminated in the state. School districts have had to consolidate, class rooms have gotten significantly larger and it is going to get even worse.

Just because someone has business sense does not mean that they have the brains to run a government. I look at myself and 65,000 other unemployed RI'ers (and that is not including "99ers" and is a huge number for a state this size) and see the result of a business man trying to play governor. Just doesn't work.

Of course, I may be prejudice in my thinking, all his cuts eventually caught up to me in 2008 and my position was eliminated due to lack of funding.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Actually, Obama could have gone then to Desert Storm but I think he was in law school then. However, just because he didn't go doesn't mean to me anything at all. I had enlisted in the navy in 1988 and had I not been discharged during the middle of boot camp medically I probably would have gone there.

But yeah being a business person isn't probably a good person to run the government. It can't be run like a business.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:31 pm

New_Wave_Princess wrote:Actually, Obama could have gone then to Desert Storm but I think he was in law school then. However, just because he didn't go doesn't mean to me anything at all. I had enlisted in the navy in 1988 and had I not been discharged during the middle of boot camp medically I probably would have gone there.

But yeah being a business person isn't probably a good person to run the government. It can't be run like a business.

I'm not sure what the age requirement is for first time enlistees, but at the time of Desert Storm, he would have been in his early thirties and out of law school.

That point isn't really disturbing. What I get upset about is people in Trump's age bracket who bought their way out of the mandated draft in the 60's and 70's. Honestly, I know too many people who were either killed there or still dying here due to the effects of that horrible "war".

I think I have to keep my mouth shut in this thread, I know my bias is showing too strongly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by New_Wave_Princess on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:41 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
New_Wave_Princess wrote:Actually, Obama could have gone then to Desert Storm but I think he was in law school then. However, just because he didn't go doesn't mean to me anything at all. I had enlisted in the navy in 1988 and had I not been discharged during the middle of boot camp medically I probably would have gone there.

But yeah being a business person isn't probably a good person to run the government. It can't be run like a business.

I'm not sure what the age requirement is for first time enlistees, but at the time of Desert Storm, he would have been in his early thirties and out of law school.

That point isn't really disturbing. What I get upset about is people in Trump's age bracket who bought their way out of the mandated draft in the 60's and 70's. Honestly, I know too many people who were either killed there or still dying here due to the effects of that horrible "war".

I think I have to keep my mouth shut in this thread, I know my bias is showing too strongly.

I think the requirement was 34 then now that I think of it. When I enlisted in 1988 the age limit was 34 and I think it stayed that way until it was expanded to 44 I believe. So it is possible he was too old either way. Even if he wasn't I can't imagine him wanting to enlist, thinking of a future presidential run.

You bring up something my dad often talks about and that is how him and his friends were drafted for Vietnam. As it turns out my dad got sent to Germany but most of his friends were sent to Vietnam. Many of his friends never came back and others came back messed up physically or mentally. My dad to this day will not watch anything Vietnam related. He even walked out of Forrest Gump during the Vietnam scenes (he came back though once it was done). He hates the guys who got out of it through money or knowing someone. He respects people who never served more than he does those who got deferments.

Btw, my dad used to think Trump was a self made man until I told him he came from money himself. Changed his views.

New_Wave_Princess
Member

Posts : 378
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: GHOSTS OF VIETNAM CALLING DONALD TRUMP: SHOW US YOUR DRAFT CARD!

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:55 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum