Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN!

+2
Dazed&Confused
Jobless_in_Ma
6 posters

Go down

States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! Empty States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Utah - State EB ended April 2, 2011
The extended benefits would have helped 23,432 Utah residents, according to the National Employment Law Project.

North Carolina - State EB ended April 16, 2011
37,000 NC Unemployed lost current EB, program discontinued for those ending Federal Tier 4

Tennessee - State ended EB program on April 16, 2011
Please see this thread for further information: http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1904-extended-benefits-confusion-as-federal-jobless-aid-expires-in-tennessee
Wisconsin - State EB discontinued at the end of April
No further updates.

Alaska, Alabama and Kansas - State EB discontinued after May 14, 2011

Mike Evangelist of the National Employment Law Project (NELP) predicts EB payments will stop in these states on May 14 unless local lawmakers take action.

Arizona, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C. - State EB will end in June
New Jersey - Extended Benefit Program Bill signed into law by Governor April 21

Sources:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/19/extended-benefits-expire_n_851002.html

http://tinyurl.com/3n2pgsy

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! Empty Re: States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:31 pm

backflip

Back to top Go down

States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN! Empty Re: States That will End EB Programs - Is Your State Here? Update NJ & TN!

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:41 pm

This is a disgrace and I hope those on UI in those states are aware of this and not blind sided.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Believe me in Philly we will be blindsided, gonna be some mean things happening. uh-huh, yes their will.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:Believe me in Philly we will be blindsided, gonna be some mean things happening. uh-huh, yes their will.

Please contact the Huffington Post - they want to hear from people who are having their EB cut off. ANY media attention to this goes a long way to bringing the situation to light. See this thread for more information!

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1875-are-your-eb-benefits-ending-please-contact-the-huffington-post#19077

Contact them now! computir

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Ok DesperateInRI, I am not one to keep my mouth shut. I will contact them.

I have been in contact with Harrisburg may times and I can tell you they are all mixed up. Don't seem to know a much about this or very little..

In Pennsylvania we have a half-million unemployed. Don't they understand that when people fall off UC, the rate will go down. Also if people get jobs it will go down however, we still have high URs, especially in Philadelphia and its metro areas, still around 10% in a population of over 4,500,000 people.

The government sure pulled one over on us, we need to pull one over on them. This is an absolute disgrace and if you have a Republican Governor, don't count on him/her to vote yes on the 3-year look back.

This is so very sad, where is the President i all of this mess.

I think until the UR gets to a reasonable rate, they should let this play out. Under these conditions, I believe we are entitled to the same unemployment benefits as those who came before us.

As far as jobs are concerned, I apply for an Office Manager Job and get a reply to wire money overseas...................plenty of those. Haha
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Moving the posts above to the Pennsylvania EB thread.
Please post anything related to PA EB here:
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1604p90-pennsylvania-will-likely-lose-eb-by-may-20#19970

Back to top Go down

Post by woodhorse74 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:22 pm

If New jersey is going to end in june what happens to the remaining
weeks I have. My EB should end in August.

woodhorse74

Back to top Go down

Post by agnes35111 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm talking about pennsylvania.

agnes35111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 pm

woodhorse74 wrote:If New jersey is going to end in june what happens to the remaining
weeks I have. My EB should end in August.

The New Jersey Legislature passed a bill that would continue the EB program in your state. The last update is that the bill is still sitting on Gov. Christie's desk awaiting his signature to sign into law.

If it isn't done by the cut-off date in June, regardless of how many weeks you have left on your EB claim, your benefits will stop. Ask anyone of our North Carolina friends, it can happen.

NJ residents should start NOW putting pressure on your governor to sign that bill now!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:01 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Utah - State EB ended April 2, 2011
The extended benefits would have helped 23,432 Utah residents, according to the National Employment Law Project.

North Carolina - State EB ended April 16, 2011
37,000 NC Unemployed lost current EB, program discontinued for those ending Federal Tier 4

Tennessee - State ended EB program on April 16, 2011
Please see this thread for further information: http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1904-extended-benefits-confusion-as-federal-jobless-aid-expires-in-tennessee
Wisconsin - State EB discontinued at the end of April
No further updates.

Alaska, Alabama and Kansas - State EB discontinued after May 14, 2011

Mike Evangelist of the National Employment Law Project (NELP) predicts EB payments will stop in these states on May 14 unless local lawmakers take action.

Arizona, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C. - State EB will end in June
New Jersey - Extended Benefit Program Bill signed into law by Governor April 21

Sources:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/19/extended-benefits-expire_n_851002.html

http://tinyurl.com/3n2pgsy

backflip

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat May 07, 2011 12:08 pm

I hope this really pisses people off and they hit the streets! Waiting I am waiting for that day!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat May 07, 2011 2:20 pm

I still find it astounding tha NJ got a 3 year look back approved by the most conservative governor in the country, that fat b**tard Chris Christie, but NC can't seem to get this done on a timely basis.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down