Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
What is the stress of the company HR director? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

What is the stress of the company HR director?

3 posters

Go down

What is the stress of the company HR director? Empty What is the stress of the company HR director?

Post by 660 Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 pm

The interview went fine. Then the subject came up that between me and the jobsite. There is a creek that floods every 2-3 years and the road could be closed for 2-3 days because of it. I believe I was crossed off the hiring list because of it. After thinking about it, I can not be that upset about it.

HR explained that for the 9-10 openings she had 90-100 applicants so far. This is a job a drunken monkey could do blindfolded. She could put the names in a hat and pull out the 9-10 applications and probably do fine.

I wondered how many interviews went: "I need this job, I am about to get evicted!" She had to find a way to whittle the hiring list down and be able to go to sleep at night.

Back to top Go down

What is the stress of the company HR director? Empty Re: What is the stress of the company HR director?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:22 pm

I am so sick of hearing "5 applicants for every job opening"! It isn't true. Every interview I have had there has been at least 100 applicants for the job (100 is the minimum). I wish HR Managers would speak up and let the powers that be know the real numbers of applications they receive for every job opening they post!

mad

Back to top Go down

What is the stress of the company HR director? Empty Re: What is the stress of the company HR director?

Post by delko Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:24 pm

HR people, in general, are useless idiots. Filling a needless position which adds little if any value.

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:31 pm

delko wrote:HR people, in general, are useless idiots. Filling a needless position which adds little if any value.

What is the stress of the company HR director? 98897 I was in HR for over 25 years. Thanks for your compliment.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:25 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
delko wrote:HR people, in general, are useless idiots. Filling a needless position which adds little if any value.

What is the stress of the company HR director? 98897 I was in HR for over 25 years. Thanks for your compliment.

Well, Hr directors are kind of like cops. I am sure there are a few good ones out there but the bad ones give all of them a bad name.

I, too, have run into Hr managers that clearly have no idea what they are doing. I have had to actually produce my employee manual to show them rules and programs that they should already know about.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

Well, Hr directors are kind of like cops. I am sure there are a few good ones out there but the bad ones give all of them a bad name.

I, too, have run into Hr managers that clearly have no idea what they are doing. I have had to actually produce my employee manual to show them rules and programs that they should already know about.

HR is a very broad term. I was employed in benefits law and compliance, payroll, compensation analysis, employment law, union negotiations and the M&A process for a large Fortune 100 corporation. I started out as a generalist, which included application and resume review, as well as interviewing and hiring. I think I did pretty well, I moved up the ladder and never had any complaints against me, that I know of. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by delko Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 am

I see I offended some here. You have to understand though, HR is usually the 'face' we are dealing with as we get sent out to the street like 'rubbish' when the company decides to have layoffs. And are often the ones who did the 'study' to determine the company can make do with less resources. Hence the animosity from someone like me. They walk us out like we are criminals. I know that's the job they've been told to do, but it still does not make it right.
HR is also very aggravating to those of us who are in 'Revenue' Generating positions. HR is not a revenue generating function, and therefore I think often is off the hook when it comes to any real tangible measurement of job performance. Which is why often I think, again not all, but HR is often the landing zone for some very unmotivated and underperforming individuals. I've seen my share in my 20 years of Professional experience.
It seems the trend, at least in smaller companies, is to eliminate or share HR functions, for the very reason that it is a non-revenue generating function. It is hard to justify several HR positions, when they dont bring in business, at least not directly. Particularly in this economy.
Finally. I have seen many people be mistaken that HR is there to protect the 'Interests' of the employee. Please dont think that. They are solely there to protect the interest and legal obligation of the company. Period. Otherwise, why else would a company have an expense of that nature that brings in no revenue???

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down