Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

+33
Sarah Mindles
Sad American
jmainframe
elvis44102
stillnutty
MaryKay
need_a_break
Kathleen
Meganicus
Sammy
js123
JoanB
New_Wave_Princess
laine25
keilowkei
lstjr
kelly
Jane0218
Abbie
CLO
503Depressed
suri
unemployedandroid
sportsnut
mean2mommie
RookieCAF
mrmarti
Fuentes
nuttin2lose
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
37 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

MoInSTL wrote:Thanks all. Embarassed

I have spent it weeding and mowing my yard for the first time this year. I am going to get cleaned up and go to Denny's for the free breakfast and then watch the ball game. I hope we can win for a change!

I'd love to get outside and start cleaning my perennial garden, but I know we are going to have another frost. I can see shoots starting to come up but don't want to rake the fall debris out yet. It is good insulation against the frost. At least the trees are starting to turn green. That is a happy sight after this winter - I never thought we would see the grass again with all the snow we had!

:72201:

Back to top Go down

UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 Empty Re: UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3

Post by Sarah Mindles Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:40 am

Sad American wrote:
jmainframe wrote:
Guest wrote:Friends, I wish you well. I just hope the best for all of you. I need to leave for personal reasons, mainly for those that don't listen and others that either tell too much or reveal too little.

Ja love,
Sarah

Thanks for passing thru Sarah. If you're not currently working, I hope you get a good-paying, fulltime permanent job soon, and that you continue to keep informed about the economic crisis we're currently in.

We're living in uncharted territory right now, and many people are having a hard time dealing with what has been done to them and the feeling of being powerless to do anything about it. This economy currently is unable to employ everyone who wants to earn a living wage and it's sad, especially after the relative prosperity and full employment this country enjoyed for over 20 years.

Thanks, jmainframe! I could not have said it better. Best of luck, Sarah...

Thanks guys... I couldn't let them defeat me "I'm back Jack"! Smile

https://youtu.be/MPyptRTopZ8
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mindles Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:37 am

Just a quick note before I go to sleep..

1. Make sure your resume has your proper credentials and key words.
2. Post (1) to the appropriate job sites, including Dice, Careerbuilder, and Monster.
3. Complete your profile in your sites (2).
4. Keep uploading your resume and amending your profile (3), and updating your available date - every day of the week!
5. Stand by and keep your cell phone ready and charged.

Jobs are coming about and I don't want anyone to lose... Good night.
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mindles Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Sarah Mindles wrote:Just a quick note before I go to sleep..

1. Make sure your resume has your proper credentials and key words.
2. Post (1) to the appropriate job sites, including Dice, Careerbuilder, and Monster.
3. Complete your profile in your sites (2).
4. Keep uploading your resume and amending your profile (3), and updating your available date - every day of the week!
5. Stand by and keep your cell phone ready and charged.

Jobs are coming about and I don't want anyone to lose... Good night.

bounce Good luck this week!
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mindles Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Is Resume Posting To Job Boards Worth It?
Staff Writer, The Career News
So, you're considering putting your resume on Job.com, CareerBuilder, Net-Temps, Dice, and a ton of other job boards and niche career sites. But you're wondering, is it worth the time?

The answer is "Yes". Read on...

Are There Jobs Available?

In an increasingly competitive job market, employers have become more selective in their hiring processes, and more focused on recruiting and retaining top talent. Now more than ever employers are searching job boards and niche career sites to locate job candidates to fill new job openings in their businesses. They are looking even more closely for individuals who can "contribute to the organization's bottom line." Very simply, employers are looking for candidates who have the right skill-sets necessary for success in the position they are trying to fill.

And while there are currently millions of jobs listed on all the top career websites, many companies report they are searching the job boards for candidates without posting their upcoming jobs -- due to a fear of an onslaught of unqualified applications.

That makes this the BEST time to put your resume on all major career websites reported to be searched by 1.5 million employers, recruiters and hiring managers daily.

According to a poll by the Society for Human Resource Management, 88% of human resource professionals now rely on the Internet to fill open positions in their organizations.

How long does it take?

Researching which websites to post to and then filling out all of their forms will take a fair amount of time. If you don't want to spend 60 hours filling out forms and researching websites, you can turn to a service called Resume Rabbit, which will instantly post your resume on over 85 top career websites for you. They can be found by going to this link.

This website is easy to use, takes only 5 minutes to complete, saves you tons of time and instantly posts your resume on all the best websites like Job.com, CareerBuilder, Net-Temps, Dice & more.

Why post to all the career websites?

The answer is: To be in the right places at the right times! Especially now.

While many companies search the largest career websites, increasingly employers and recruiters are cutting costs by searching the lesser expensive mid-sized career websites.

This means that the hiring managers and jobs are dispersed amongst a large number of career websites. And in this market, the window of opportunity for a job is a little smaller than usual, so it's important that you're where the jobs are when they're available.

Can I Post My Resume Confidentially?

You can still post your resume online while remaining anonymous if you use Resume Rabbit by selecting "Post My Resume Confidentially" during their registration process. In this case they will select the confidentiality option on career websites offering that feature. For career websites that do not offer a confidentiality feature, they will replace your personally identifiable information with something non-descript.

Does It Really Work?

It's a fact that most hiring managers use the internet to find their candidates. Of course, when there are more jobs available in the market, your chances are better of finding a job faster.

However, when the job market is weak it's even more important that you give yourself a competitive advantage over others competing for the same jobs, by making sure your resume is "findable" on ALL top career websites.

Here are a couple of comments about being on all the career websites from users of Resume Rabbit:

A customer service representative in Missouri named Jim used Resume Rabbit to post his resume and commented,

"I signed up on a Tuesday and by Thursday the job offers started pouring in. By Friday, I had a job set up!"

Ronnie, a sales representative in Texas reports,

"I got the account on Sunday evening and by Monday morning I was already getting phone calls from recruiters. That was fast and easy. There are so many job websites out there it would have taken weeks."

Since 1999 Resume Rabbit has performed over 1 million resume postings for some very happy customers who feel the service can't be beat. If you want to try Resume Rabbit it can be found by going to this link.

Whether you fill out the forms yourself or elect to have a service like Resume Rabbit do it for you, being on all the major career websites is a good idea. It's a competitive job market right now. If you know how to play the numbers you can beat the odds and succeed. Post your resume to as many career websites as possible and visit them often!
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Yeah, I do agree that you should have your resume on as many major and niche boards as possible. For the unemployed, it can't hurt, it can only help. If you're still working however, and are so fed up with your current situation that you begin looking while at your current job, when HR gets wind of your resume being plastered all over the internet, it can get you canned so as to beat you to the punch.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Well folks, it's been quite a run for this forum. Hope you've found solace in the advice and friendships this forum has provided.

The facts are that jobs are indeed coming back. Hope you follow the good advice like above. It really does work.

From the UFF2 crew, we wish you well.

Please don't get involved with the clicky FB sites where individuals are pleading for money and suckers are actually contributing via PayPal. That is deemed as a scam by the IRS and FBI.

We are closing our doors now. Take care and god bless!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mindles Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Tiya,

I'm sorry to hear this but I guess it is time to move on. Thanks for everything. We all need to focus on the full time job of finding a job, as opposed to blaming the government for everything.

This is the land of freedom and freedom works both ways. We need to encourage employers to hire us, not demand it.

Best of luck to everyone! Just sayin'.

Last edited by Sarah Mindles on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Whoops I meant sayin', not Satin! Darn that iPhone spell checker!)
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:44 am

tiya wrote:Well folks, it's been quite a run for this forum. Hope you've found solace in the advice and friendships this forum has provided.

The facts are that jobs are indeed coming back. Hope you follow the good advice like above. It really does work.

From the UFF2 crew, we wish you well.

Please don't get involved with the clicky FB sites where individuals are pleading for money and suckers are actually contributing via PayPal. That is deemed as a scam by the IRS and FBI.

We are closing our doors now. Take care and god bless!

Hi tiya,

Are you the creator of this forum? If not, how did you find out that this forum will be closing? DIRI and Jobless, can you please verify that this forum is closing?
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Please disregard any messages posted by tiya and Sara mindles. This is all bogus and fabricated. Just like their accounts are. Bogus and fabricated. Some people have nothing better to do I guess. The forum IS NOT closing.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Just checking in to see how folks are doing. If you still visit this site please chime in and let us know how you are doing. The traffic here has really slowed down as of late. I'd like to believe that's due to folks finding work. If that's the case let us know how it's going and how you landed the elusive "job"
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 am

Glad to see the forum is still here. Don t post much as after 5 1/4 years of living this way don t have much to say. Still kicking though

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:04 am

Good to hear from you, nutty! UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 895764 Most of you, I have known so long, you're like family!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:17 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Good to hear from you, nutty! UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 895764 Most of you, I have known so long, you're like family!

Feel the same UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 769716 to you !!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm working, but underemployed. I'm working 2 jobs, about 60 hours/week and still making about half of what I used to when I was permanent/fulltime. I feel like the IT field has passed me by. Even if I never get another job in IT, my family and I will not be defeated by this criminal act that was done to me and everyone else who was "removed" from their careers through no fault of their own! I hope that those responsible get what's coming to them. What goes around comes around!

Sorry, is this the venting forum? lol
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Happy to hear your at least working! Oh and vent away.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mindles Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:40 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Good to hear from you, nutty! UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3 - Page 24 895764 Most of you, I have known so long, you're like family!

I'm gonna bounce CROAK!
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 am

Had an interview last week with an excellent company. It was down to me and another person. I think I nailed the interview. Ill know this week....
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Had an interview last week with an excellent company. It was down to me and another person. I think I nailed the interview. Ill know this week....

Good luck Jobless! I hope you get the job.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks J. You and me both!! It's in my field and the money is excellent. I haven't seen $$ like this since 09.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mindles Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Thanks J. You and me both!! It's in my field and the money is excellent. I haven't seen $$ like this since 09.

You have a scam going on in this forum and the alert button has been used by other members to alert you. These scams prey on other's weaknesses. Why haven't they been censored???
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 pm

most of us know that no "easy money for nothing jobs exist"

(unless u count political ones).....

administering this forum is a near thankless job, and I for one am gratefull that someone is willing to do it....

THANK YOU for all that you do
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mindles Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:
Sarah Mindles wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Thanks J. You and me both!! It's in my field and the money is excellent. I haven't seen $$ like this since 09.

You have a scam going on in this forum and the alert button has been used by other members to alert you. These scams prey on others weaknesses. Why haven't they been censored???
Hmm how would you know the alert button was used by "other members" Why are you still here? I thought you had left uhm about 5 times now. Yet you keep coming back under different aliases. By the way you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

To what little members are still here, this person is solely responsible for wreaking havoc on this forum for quite a while here. You may know this person under different aliases. Please disregard any posts from this person as its only meant to instigate and belittle the administration of this forum.

I can tell someone hit the alert button because it is red... And since I didn't do it common logic is another member did it. As far as an IP used by more than one member, I guess my companion should go buy another PC in order to be a member and post.

Please don't misalign me. This forum seems very reactive when criticized for timely moderation. Where on earth do you get your information that I'm anyone other than a member. Aliases??? Hmmm.... hummmm. You owe me an apology, Blue Face!

Your comments are ridiculous. How about contributing guidance for the members like I do rather than getting riled up when put on the spot.
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 am

The report a post button does turn red when someone uses it. This alerts other members that an alert has already been sent. I took care of the scammer as soon as I could access the forum.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mindles Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks Desperate. My comments were not about you at all. You seem to be pulling all the weight.

Too bad.
Sarah Mindles
Sarah Mindles

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:40 am

""As far as an IP used by more than one member, I guess my companion should go buy another PC in order to be a member and post. ""

your ISP gives you one IP which is the routers IP, then any PCs that are networked internally to share that IP still show up with same IP

i have two or three PCs all shareing same IP, viewed from outside my internal network.

elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next