Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead

5 posters

Go down

State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  Empty State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:45 pm

This is where Middle-Class America comes in, because the great bulk of the jobless — which now number more than 14 million, more than 6 million of whom have been out of work longer than 26 weeks – had jobs that paid middle-class wages. Once these people were targeted for preposterous easy credit offers, no-down-payment-needed mortgages, and whiz-bang, can’t-miss stock deals, many of which were just glorified scams given a cover of respectability by the rhetoric of laissez-faire capitalism. Now, the middle class is condemned by conservatives for its conspicuous consumption, greed and indolence.

http://www.thedefendersonline.com/2011/04/08/state-legislatures-to-the-jobless-drop-dead/

State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  Ue10

Back to top Go down

State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  Empty Re: State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead

Post by Angelicrisis Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm

That was one of the best articles ive read in weeks. Definetly on point. Thanks for posting!!

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead  Empty Re: State Legislatures to the Jobless: Drop Dead

Post by mistermunster Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Boy, this is the "Titanic complex" The RICH get the lifeboats but the rest below decks are abandoned to drown only after the rich locks the doors leading to the upper deck. nothing is MORE truer today than that.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Good article AND good analogy. I am having a hard time trying to understand why America as a whole has not caught on to the mass manipulation.
FOXNEWS
CSPAN
MSNBC
ALL LOCAL NEWS reporting on the tree leaves changing color
FALSE Republican/democrat paradigm
The suprising amount of "Natural" disasters
Stupid people in general ( usually those so stuck in their daily routine and driving while texting to see the road ahead of them ...literally and figuratively so not offend..)
Very Happy

Guess I better get my life jacket on and start appreciated the time spent with those I love...its gonna be a bumpy ship ride.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 am

Angelicrisis wrote:Good article AND good analogy. I am having a hard time trying to understand why America as a whole has not caught on to the mass manipulation.
FOXNEWS
CSPAN
MSNBC
ALL LOCAL NEWS reporting on the tree leaves changing color
FALSE Republican/democrat paradigm
The suprising amount of "Natural" disasters
Stupid people in general ( usually those so stuck in their daily routine and driving while texting to see the road ahead of them ...literally and figuratively so not offend..)
Very Happy

Guess I better get my life jacket on and start appreciated the time spent with those I love...its gonna be a bumpy ship ride.

It just seems that this nation has contracted a MAJOR case of stupidity and complacent attitudes. As LONG as I have MINE, the HELL with the rest of you.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:25 am

LOL!!!!

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:33 am

Angelicrisis wrote:LOL!!!!

It is a problem, things can't get better as long as it exists.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:30 am

Agreed wholeheartedly.

I personally find it offensive when any is as self righteous as most right wings are. I believe that everyone should have at least the opportunities to succed in life, especially since this "great" country was founded on that concept. The problem lies in that take from the poor give to the rich mentalithy we see now and that has been tethered through history. Reasons why I stay away from anyone that gives off that particular trait, its sad, draining and deadly ( Bush and his WOMD).

If only America would wake up and stop its decent and obsession with trying to be the next reality global superstar and smart phones and just get smart we might actually have a chance.

Hope that did'nt sound too "self-rigeous". Very Happy

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:39 am

Angelicrisis wrote:Agreed wholeheartedly.

I personally find it offensive when any is as self righteous as most right wings are. I believe that everyone should have at least the opportunities to succed in life, especially since this "great" country was founded on that concept. The problem lies in that take from the poor give to the rich mentalithy we see now and that has been tethered through history. Reasons why I stay away from anyone that gives off that particular trait, its sad, draining and deadly ( Bush and his WOMD).

If only America would wake up and stop its decent and obsession with trying to be the next reality global superstar and smart phones and just get smart we might actually have a chance.

Hope that did'nt sound too "self-rigeous". Very Happy

Well in this day in age for MANY, technology MAKES you stupid and a virtual zombie. For all the information OUT there on the net for people to LOOK UP, very few do, based on many comments I see out there. They won't even CHECK their facts or RESEARCH before they make a comment on a subject. It's appalling to see this. I think the ANONYMITY the net gives makes people NOT CARE if they sound STUPID, CRUDE or RUDE. Just look at trolls. It's really sad statement on the lowering of the human condition.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuentes Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:57 am

Unfortunately, I find my own spirit being being altered. All too often, nowadays, when something terrible occurs, I chalk it up to karma and find my own ability to care compromised. My apathy in regards to altruism, all in a few years time, sadden me, but something has to give like the levies in NO.

I suppose people have always been like this, greedy and full of avarice. I honestly hoped in the goodness of humanity.

Fuentes

Back to top Go down

Post by callvic Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:30 am

I think that conservatives and libertarians need to update their philosophies. It used to be true that a person could survive by the sweat of their brow, but that simply is not true today. My grandparents had no water bill or electric bill, they gathered firewood (free) to cook and stay warm. They had chickens and a cow and pigs for food. That lifestyle is no longer an option for the majority in the US - there are even laws on the books prohibiting some of these activities. Our economy and lifestyle have changed just as surely as the new globalism is bringing even more changes. To deny it and keep spouting the same old tired rhetoric is insane. Today, people need money to survive; and we need to have decent jobs to get that money. There's just no way around that fact and the longer politicians and pundits huff and puff, the worse the situation will become.

callvic

Back to top Go down

Post by 54andpoor Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

They don't really mean drop dead-just go to another state and be someone elses problem.

54andpoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down