Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
How many feel..... EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
How many feel..... EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
How many feel..... EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
How many feel..... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
How many feel..... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
How many feel..... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
How many feel..... EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
How many feel..... EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
How many feel..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
How many feel..... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
How many feel..... EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
How many feel..... EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
How many feel..... EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
How many feel..... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
How many feel..... EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How many feel.....

+10
Springflowers
chopthis91
troycomic
laine25
Kathy
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
Brain Droppings
wantjob
mistermunster
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many feel..... Empty How many feel.....

Post by mistermunster Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:10 pm

...now that all this BS in DC has passed (and still NOT a good deal) that things will get better or worst in their attention to the unemployed?

for me I feel this made the purse stings tighter and the right FAR right more stinger, and making the Left FAR more weaker. And Obama a obvious sell out. Whatcha all think? and a NEW course of action, if any?
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

How many feel..... Empty Re: How many feel.....

Post by wantjob Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:24 pm

The 99ers are group of millions, forgotten and abandoned by society. No one cares nor no one wants to help us. It took how many months for the media to come out and admit that the 99ers are suffering. Looks like Senator Lee is trying to help us but with all these cancellations, the waiting period is only prolonging the real answer, NO or MAYBE.

I don't see any help coming from Washington. Sorry, but that is how I feel. Just kicked to the curb and overlooked forever. The only way we can make a difference is protest in every city and target WA about our plight. Protest, protest and protest is the only answer. Other than that no help and ignored forever.

How many feel..... 98897 How many feel..... 66067 How many feel..... 482574
wantjob
wantjob

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain Droppings Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Move out of the country ... Basketball
Brain Droppings
Brain Droppings

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:44 pm

This will probably end badly for the left. They are going to have to grow some backbone. When I say "they" I mean the politicians, leftists like me have plenty of backbone. I haven't heard details about the deal but if they de-funded planned parenthood to get it I will be livid. Obama should have let the republicans, or should I say the tea party, shut the government down and finished them off.

I don't know if this has hurt the chances for added weeks. I think that was a 50-50 chance at best from the start. I still hold out hope though.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 pm

IMHO they should of let the government shut down. Im sure the dems got screwed in this deal. SO now what? Another week if haggling, meanwhile HR589 sits on the back burner collecting dust again. This is ridiculous. These folks in DC need to get their act together.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:28 pm

They should have shut the government down. Once again, the President caved. He gave up way too much in the "deal". He did get the rider for the defunding of Planned Parenthood removed, but that is about all that is certain about this budget right now. Guess we will know next week how much was cut from other programs like SNAP and LIHEAP.

This whole threatened shutdown crisis woke a lot of people up though. I hope they see now what kind of government we really have and neither side has the best interest of the average citizen in mind when they make their deals and compromises.

It won't be long before Americans take to the streets. As 99ers and unemployed, we were limited on funds to do something like that. Hopefully other groups who were affected by this "deal" will take action and we can ride on their coat tails. Nothing is being accomplished with the tactics we have been using for over a year now. It's easy to throw emails and letters away and receive canned responses. It isn't going to be so easy to ignore us when they see our faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 pm

I was looking forward to the government shutting down. I figured then maybe people would finally wake up and see how bad things are getting.

Now everything will go back to same old, same old business as usual. Nothing will change.
Kathy
Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:45 am

Our Cowardly Congress

This isn’t government we’re watching; this is junior high.

It’s unclear where the adults are, but they don’t seem to be in Washington. Beyond the malice of the threat to shut down the federal government, averted only at the last minute on Friday night, it’s painful how vapid the discourse is and how incompetent and cowardly our leaders have proved to be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/10/opinion/10kristof.html?_r=1 Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:08 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Our Cowardly Congress

It’s unclear where the adults are, but they don’t seem to be in Washington. Beyond the malice of the threat to shut down the federal government, averted only at the last minute on Friday night, it’s painful how vapid the discourse is and how incompetent and cowardly our leaders have proved to be.

Oh, but Eric Cantor made the comment "We are all adults here". He needs to take the truth pill, doesn't he!
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Eric Cantor is an adult when it comes to getting what he wants from the other side. If he has to give something back he becomes an obstinate child. That seems to be a typical republican tactic, be something and accuse the other side of being it, do something and say the other side did it.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:09 pm

We will not get weeks unless it gets votes.

Giving 99 weeks has not helped the economy so 14 weeks won't.

troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm

laine25 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:Our Cowardly Congress

Oh, but Eric Cantor made the comment "We are all adults here". He needs to take the truth pill, doesn't he!

They are spoiled children, the kind that needs to be taken behind the woodshed and have a hickory switch taken to them. These people are just OUT of their minds.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:41 pm

This is so outrageous! You have to wonder what the Dems are thinking, and what do they have up their sleeve? If they don't get some back bone soon, it's over for them. I'm guessing this new budget 2012 is going to be a real showdown. You have to believe that at some point, they are going to begin to fight back. But, as I recall; we really didn't have much info on Obama before he suddenly appeared. Maybe this is really is his way of leading - if so, leading the middle class to the brink of extinction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:51 am

WORST>

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:40 am

Watch Obama cave to the Republicans again today when he announces cuts in entitlements and no tax increases for those making $250K or more per year. IMO these are the things that need to be done...

1) Massive decreases in military spending including pulling out of Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya

2) Higher tax rates for the rich up to 70% for the richest and close the door on tax loopholes for those same people

3) Increase tax rates on all corporations plus penalize those companies who outsource jobs overseas. Also no loopholes unless companies actually hire.

4) Increase tariff rates on all imports

5) Create a jobs bill that includes penalizing companies that don't hire but are still making enormous profits. Extend unemployment benefits indefinitely for all states that have a 8% or higher rate. This includes help for the 99ers of 20 additional weeks. Stop discrimination in job hiring practices like age discrimination, credit checks, and not hiring the unemployed.

Of course 99% of this won't happen. Instead we will have the same political bickering, Obama caving to the Republicans, and the Dems acting like a beaten down dogs...
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:42 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:IMHO they should of let the government shut down. Im sure the dems got screwed in this deal. SO now what? Another week if haggling, meanwhile HR589 sits on the back burner collecting dust again. This is ridiculous. These folks in DC need to get their act together.

Sorry to say but any help for 99ers is not on the minds of any Republicans and only a few Dems. About as close to dead in the water as one can get...
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:44 am

I feel like both parties only are voting on behalf of rich bankers and busy dismantling the social safety nets. Think of how much is being dismantled UNDER Obama. I read last night, that the tax rate of corporations in America has fallen from 32-23% to 9%, and many of them are no longer paying taxes at all. Think about this one. Obama has extended the wars. I am not a liberal/nor really a conservative as defined by the Republican party but Obama seems to be a Bush II, with even now a THIRD WAR. He is working on behalf of the globalists not the USA anymore. Chop91 good suggestions.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by irishmalou Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:12 am

I am very happy that I found this website. I finally feel like I have a voice and feel that I am amongst friends. I fear that we are at the edge of revolt in this country and when the perfect storm hits there will be some major collateral damage. What I don't understand is why the government does not get that cutting unemployment is going to add to the foreclosure crisis. Without UI right now my family would have a hard time having the money for food. This is really serious.

What has happened to all of us in this country? I sometimes get an attitude from family members that I am not trying hard enough to find a job. Like I am a second hand citizen because I am unemployed. I apply everyday. I guess those in the government will never know what it is like to walk in our shoes. There is major disconnect with those on Capital Hill and the common citizen. The haves and have nots are widening the gap and everyone loses when that happens.

irishmalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:36 am

The sheeples with carry on as usual.

The sheeples like the status quo.

The goverment is only for the rich, NOBODY ELSE.

You think people will take to the streets, not going to happen. People do not have the moxy anymore. and that is how the goverment likes it, sheeples...

They want a society of just rich.

The poor (there is no more middle class) has to fend for themselves.

nice goverment that critizies every country for keep their citizens down but the USA does the same thing, how hypocritical...

We live in THE most hypocritical country on the face of the earth.

We don't want wars but we go to other countries to bomb them for oil, while in afganistan our troops are "Protecting" poppy fields B/C that is a money maker, PLEASE!!!!!!!

Our president do not lead, he caves... "Operation Wet diaper".....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNAHjsAnTd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBGJTiyvd90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:41 pm

I know it sounds silly, but I think it will help us. The GOP got their way, which I think puts them in a better mood. Also, if Lee is willing to find a way to pay for HR 589 then our chances of it passing will be much much better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:54 pm

YB500 and sick and tired I agree with both of you, but this has to end and soon. It's not ethical, and its hurting too many people. A 2 week vacation after doing what? According to these A^%$^ ive been on a 99 week "vacation" ive Ive done more work then them LOOKING for a job.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:56 pm

I know, its ridiculous the amount of vacations they take. Its not fair at all. They say the recognize the problem but still here we sit, waiting...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 pm

And unfortunatly we will be sitting with our thumbs up our a*s....

They do not care about us, we have to do what we need to do, to survive.

Desperate times means desperate measures.

Back to top Go down

Post by delko Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:13 pm

YB500, I agree 100%. Forget about HR 589....just forget it. Desperation is going to lead to a very toxic witches brew in this Country. It may start out quietly, slowly...but I think its already on. Look at the crime rate recently. I seem to be reading an awful lot about burglaries here in NJ at least.

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:21 pm

It's definelty coming. there more I marinate on just how many times they have abandoned the 1st victims of this badly acted out SOAP OPERA the more I start not to care about political correctness. I don't want to feed into anyh negativity b/c I was raised to always be above b.s. ( no matter how high it is stacked.) but this is blatant disregard and disrespect, and I was always taught if attacked to attack back in self-defense ( they did NOT raise a fool. )

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next