Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables

5 posters

Go down

Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables Empty Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables

Post by Brain Droppings Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:30 am

http://bit.ly/e6yu60

Note car salesman Gary Boxhall, near the end of the article, has had success by leaving his house and knocking on doors. I also have had luck w/ this.

Basketball
Brain Droppings
Brain Droppings

Back to top Go down

Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables Empty Re: Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 pm

All that knocking and he ended up underemployed with a part-time sales job.

Although this article is pretty depressing, I was more angry! The "baby-boomers" built this economy! We worked for 30 or 40 years diligently, adjusting to office automation and new technology in the workplace. We paid into Social Security and Medicare and put our earnings back into the economy. Now we are just tossed to the side. Our experience and hard work means nothing!

This line really makes me mad:

"Is it possible that some of these older workers will never work again?' Smith asked.

"Of course; anything's possible," said Jacqueline James, research director at Boston College. "I'd like to say that people will find jobs. And they need to keep trying. But it is possible that people will not be able to."

She said they may spend the rest of their lives unemployed or underemployed, "making ends meet best they can."

mad

Back to top Go down

Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables Empty Re: Baby Boomers: America's new unemployables

Post by jmainframe Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:25 am

I am so infuriated at the way this once great country has turned on its own people. What's even more infuriating is the vast majority of people it did this to are educated, law-biding, disiplined, motivated, hard-working people, the backbone of society. If this isn't a major sign of a nation in decline, I don't know what is. If the millions of people this crime was committed against decide to organize and take to the streets like they're doing in Europe, this country got nobody to blame but itself, that is the government and those useful idiots who had all these people removed from their jobs!

Sorry if I came off too negative. I just had to vent.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:39 am

DesperateInRI wrote:All that knocking and he ended up underemployed with a part-time sales job.

Although this article is pretty depressing, I was more angry! The "baby-boomers" built this economy! We worked for 30 or 40 years diligently, adjusting to office automation and new technology in the workplace. We paid into Social Security and Medicare and put our earnings back into the economy. Now we are just tossed to the side. Our experience and hard work means nothing!

This line really makes me mad:

"Is it possible that some of these older workers will never work again?' Smith asked.

"Of course; anything's possible," said Jacqueline James, research director at Boston College. "I'd like to say that people will find jobs. And they need to keep trying. But it is possible that people will not be able to."

She said they may spend the rest of their lives unemployed or underemployed, "making ends meet best they can."

mad

What pisses me off is that MANY "EMPLOYED" making these retarded and hurtful comments AGAINST or about unemployed. It's like "I HAVE my JOB" the hell with you. They NEVER think that THEY are or could be NEXT. Add to the fact GOPers and their ilk saying WE ARE the ONES to blame. We "DIDN'T" make the right decisions or PLAN ahead, like THEY did. This is NOT just about getting WORK but ALSO about dealing with the rampant BIGOTRY and holier than tho out there WHO think they are SUPERIOR to those who have fallen on hard times. But naw, nobody wants to talk about that, do they? This mess is all Dems fault and their Budget spending right?. Rolling Eyes

Fix that and ALL will be unicorns and rainbows, won't it!!!!!
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:52 am

You hit the nail on the head MisterMuster. During all this chaos and judgement, government is extremely organized. That is what makes me raise my liberal eyebrow,not the fact America waking up and being conscious of what is being done and doing something about. I think Government is very prepared for what could happen when people start to react to their blatant disrepect and arrogance to thier own constituents. I repeat THAT is what makes me raise my liberal eybrow.

I don't know if anyone knows this but America is a very powerful nation, and if the powers that be can do what is being done to it's own citizens then they will do anything. America has become a self-rigeous global mockery with its own leaders at the helm of its destruction, and most of us are too busy treating Dancing with Stars with more adoration than we gave the voting booths last time, not realizing there are no real winners in either show.

Whatever it is GOP or right wings are accusing the 99ers of encompassing other than decent harworking people that had jobs before greed took precedence in this nation they have their hand in it for profit and always have. Mock what has become the lazy man's "mentality" when they work for people that promote that mentality in general population in the many forms it can take from social media to drugs.

Right because every person out of the millions not counted in statistics and the ones that government actually do are all conditioned to just soak up tax money and want unemployment indefinetly. They aren't people just greedy, selfish,space takers, wasted individuals with no moral compass.

I think alot of politicians in Washington as well as globalist should simply look in the mirror.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCman Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 am

YES and for good reason..........they are OLD........

We had on our radio show last night a 28 year old Gen Y HR person, smart bright and honest.

Her response was employers want you to be digitally ready to work....to have the latest gadget and know how to use it.

Don't volunteer at say habitat for humanity unless you have hundreds or thousands of people on facebook, all your linked twitter and blogs are active with people posting everyday...build your network is far more necessary then volunteer work

Build your brand....if this is the way young kids think today, then old people may not work again.

-------------------
Is it possible that some of these older workers will never work again?' Smith asked.

NYCman

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am

LOL!!!!

It's funny because in all reality without the outsourcing coupled with the holding back of funds to hire new people for profit. There would be enough jobs. There can be progressive marketing approaches to encompass current trends, but there area certain things that just shouldnt happen in certain enviroments, and when they due its obvious its because of mans tampering.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum