Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends"

4 posters

Go down

Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" Empty Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends"

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends"

The Pet Network

Pet food banks, organizations that have supplies of cat and/or dog food
available for pet owners who are going through difficult times.
Listings are organized by state, then city or town.

http://www.petwork.com/pet-health-care/pet-food-assistance

http://loveyourpetexpo.com/petfoodhelp.html

Website with nationwide links for low cost spay/neuter

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html

http://www.aspca.org/aspca-nyc/mobileclinic/

Pets of the Homeless Organization

http://www.petsofthehomeless.org/what-we-do

The Humane Society of America~Resources for Pet Owners
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html

P.A.W.S. is a national non-profit organization that helps with low cost needs. You can search for PAWS in your state for listings.
http://www.paws.org/
*On Feb 22nd they are holding National Spay / Neutering Day

Petco also has affordable help based on income. They have Mobile Unit Day that parks a motorhome clinic in their parking lot. Appointments are needed.
http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_veterinaryservices_Nav_132.aspx

Cities and Towns also sponsor discounted vaccination days in the Spring around the country. Check with your town, or surrounding town's, website for their schedule.

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" Empty Re: Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends"

Post by cheri Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks DesperateinRI! Wonderful info here

cheri

Back to top Go down

Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends" Empty Re: Assistance for Pet Owners/Lovers ~ Taking care of our "Best Friends"

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:47 pm

cheri wrote:Thanks DesperateinRI! Wonderful info here

Keep an eye for more info. I haven't had a chance to post all of it yet. I think it is useful info, how could we get through all this without our "best friends" for support. They need assistance as much as we do!

Back to top Go down

Post by cheri Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:50 pm

They sure do. I will keep an eye out for your post!

cheri

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:18 pm

I couldn't do this unemployment thing without my pets. I will literally buy their food before mine if I can only afford one.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by helprx Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:47 pm

If your pet needs prescription drugs, ask for a prescription from your vet and fill it at your local pharmacy. With HelpRx Pet drug discount card, you can save a bundle. Click here to get your free copy. http://www.petrxcards.com

helprx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:16 pm

I only wish I had known this information before my dear "Snorkels" kicked the bucket two weeks ago.

He was such a cute pootchie. They said I died his hair too much - "I don't think so!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 pm

aloneinNY51 wrote:I only wish I had known this information before my dear "Snorkels" kicked the bucket two weeks ago.

He was such a cute pootchie. They said I died his hair too much - "I don't think so!"

This is a joke, right? Very Happy

Bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 am

MY SNORKELS, A JOKE???

Oh my dear Desperate, how could you think my little man was a joke. We need to talk. PM me. Talk to MaryKay. She understands me.

Marian, please help me here.

For heaven's sake, had I known Snorkels could have acquired an animal script for Vicodin, he would have faded away without pain.

Snorkels, I miss you! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:35 am

We are sorry for your loss though what do you mean that you "dyed" his hair?

I am very grateful that I have my fur babies during what could be considered a crisis time of my life and like with what Americatheneedy said their food and everything else comes before my own...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 am

Thank you Marian. You are a sweet person.

Actually I was just funnin' Desperate. I knew why she thought it was a joke, which stemmed from my dying Snorkels' hair. Not too many people would dye their pet's hair but I did a few times to make up for his patchy hair loss.

We changed my little pup's name from Snagged to Snorkels soon after we adopted him. We found him all bunched up in one of those coiled barbed fences, hence the permanent loss of hair shortly afterwards.

Being in the fashion industry as I am, I tend to lean towards the absurd when admonishing a tale.

Hugs and kisses to Desperate... and I miss you "Crimson Bouffant" Snorkels!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm sorry for your loss...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Alone, I take it all back. You must have felt miserable. What color was he when he died?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Alone, I take it all back. You must have felt miserable. What color was he when he died?

Not counting his hair, kind of yellow/gray after a few hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:26 pm

This reminds me of :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Sorry for your loss Alone Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Yes, sorry Alone. Sounds like your Snorkles is in a better place. Wish this thread would follow suit. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 pm

X wrote:Yes, sorry Alone. Sounds like your Snorkles is in a better place. Wish this thread would follow suit. Very Happy

Okay, then I'll have to inflect Scratches back onto you all...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Thank you everyone for your nice condolences to my lost one. Especially S & T!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down