Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment burnout - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment burnout

+27
Judi58
mscpateach
Tamy70
couth11
suri
Tawanda
lendmeflight2
wausauguy
MissRi
Arania
endlessPAIN
irishmalou
helpinghand
NY Lady
JoanB
delko
americatheneedy
js123
Sunrise
superstevies
rainer123
nfpexec
laine25
lizalphonso
503Depressed
Jobless_in_Ma
phjohan
31 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Unemployment burnout - Page 8 Empty Unemployment burnout

Post by phjohan Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 am

First topic message reminder :

The title says the symptom and there appears no help for recovery. There is help for AA, drugs, gamblers, however not for job seekers burnout. Even the career center appears ignorant to the problem. What do you think? No

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Unemployment burnout - Page 8 Empty Re: Unemployment burnout

Post by DD Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Hey there Tawanda....let me just say how sorry I am for what you have been through and for one person to screw with your life is just bullshit! I can tell from your posts that you are nothing short of a decent individual and I hope to hell this individual pays for what he/she did in the future...and I hope you are able to hear about it.
I am a true believer in Karma and they will get theirs....please don't give up though and come back here as long/often as you need to.
Due to the fact that this person is not answering you spells it out right there.
It seems that its always us decent people that get screwed over the most...and others are just f'n evil...that is the only way I can put it.
I will keep you in my prayers and let us know how you are doing.
DD

DD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tawanda Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:18 pm

DD wrote:Hey there Tawanda....let me just say how sorry I am for what you have been through and for one person to screw with your life is just bullshit! I can tell from your posts that you are nothing short of a decent individual and I hope to hell this individual pays for what he/she did in the future...and I hope you are able to hear about it.
I am a true believer in Karma and they will get theirs....please don't give up though and come back here as long/often as you need to.
Due to the fact that this person is not answering you spells it out right there.
It seems that its always us decent people that get screwed over the most...and others are just f'n evil...that is the only way I can put it.
I will keep you in my prayers and let us know how you are doing.
DD

Thank you very much and back in your direction. The support and the knowledge that I'm not totally crazy in thinking what's going on is bonkers, helps.

Take care Smile

Tawanda

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:33 pm

I keep telling myself things are going to work out. Still, I must admit the last few days have been very hard. The rejections are wearing on me, it has been too many and the weight of finances are hard on me too. I know many have suffered far worse but I must admit it is kinda like the tornado happens somewhere else thinking. Unfortunately, it is happening right here.
I sincerely do not want to be a downer, and don't want pity. But, I sure could use a shoulder to lean on. At this moment, I just got done opening my email and seeing that a job that I thought was so perfect so for me is not going to come to be. I know I just said that a couple weeks ago. But, this job was similar but even better. I have myself feeling it was the reason why i did not get the other because this perfect job was meant to be for me.
I know better than to get too hopeful, but I also find myself wanting to be hopeful, to believe that things will be fine.
As I sat through the 3 church services (yes I actually go to numerous churches regularly) I attend this weekend, I was so hurting, crying inside. My heart is broken and the mends are not working anymore. I gotta be ok, but I have things happening in how I am handling things, how I am not taking care of things around the house tell me I am pretty disordered right now.
I wish this pain and disappointment would go away. Maybe I have been guilty of not being positive enough when I should have, but now I am being pushed to a point so low.
I believe in miracles, I am ready for them.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by DD Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:41 pm

To Wausauguy...sounds like you are pretty burnt out right now. It's good that you are attending church and trying to rely on your faith. I know the feeling of feeling disorganized and just feeling very low.
I think I am mourning the old routine I used to have, as someone else on this board said. On my off days, I still get up at the same time as I do for work, but I use these days for job hunting and volunteering, so I at least feel as though I've put in a 40 hour week, even if I am only working 25 hours a week right now.
I have a group interview and company presentation next week, and luckily, I've been to one of these before, so I somewhat know what to expect and hopefully, I'll be a little more prepared.
I am sorry about this other job and would've thought exactly like you in the way that you thought this recent opportunity was meant to be for you....I can only hope that now an even BETTER opportunity is right around the corner:) Keep talking to us!

DD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 pm

hi wausau. I am sorry you are feeling so low. I need you to really remember that you are not alone in any of your feelings. Everyone on this forum has gone through this "valley", more than once, sadly, as this jobs crisis lingers.

I am glad you find comfort in the churches you attend, it's good that you recognize it too. As far as the household chores go, do what makes you feel a little better, on one of the better days, make a list, tackle one room or one project. It's sounds silly, but the satisfaction that comes from it makes you feel a little better as well. Then build on it, take a walk, go to church and tackle another smaller project. Within two weeks you can have things back in order and feel better for it. We all have many "valley" days and not too many "peaks", so sometimes we have to make them for ourselves. It can come from something as small as getting rid of old junk from a stuffed drawer or closet, cleaning out the garage or shelves in the basement. It's not the most exciting thing, but, it has to be done and it really does help to make you feel like some things are being accomplished. It may even take a day or two to fully put your head and heart into it, but believe me, it helps.

Above all, know that you have friends here and we will help you. Keep talking, keep posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:31 am

DD MaryKay and everyone else, thank you for listening and the kind encouragement.

Oh how I want to tell you things are better, well they only seem to get darker. I did not say much about this but I had started a part-time job cold calling for a very young insurance agent. I knew going in this was not for me, but well I kept at it and did my best to incorporate the suggestions into my calls and get to the "3 no's" before giving up, most calls I made did not even answer the phone. Anyway, yesterday I was told that I was being let go since she had not been able to get any benefit from all my calling. Actually, I understand it, and agree with it on a certain level but I am hurt.

The unfortunate reality is i am not well anymore, I mean I have not been well for some time, too may rejections, and I feel so wiped out. The funny thing is, Tuesday night i had a class on income taxes through a program to do taxes for low income people and was feeling so good about the class. Unreal as it sounds, I enjoyed the class and the teacher was great. I am doing the class to be able to be certified to volunteer, but the reality is I also felt it was a chance to take a class where I would not have to pay for it. Being unemployed really hurts because even small one credit classes are out of my league due to finances.

Anyway, now that i wrote this it feels a little better. I still feel so lost and not sure what I can do to get myself to survive anymore. I have sacrificed all my life and it seems all the choices in being responsible and paying my own way and paying high taxes as a single person leaves me feeling like a fool.

Now my other concern is what losing this very part-time job of only 2 1/2 weeks will do to my unemployment claim. I really need some miracles.

Thank you everyone for listening and I know you understand more than I realize.

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by DD Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey there wausau:) I am truly sorry about the job loss...I would go the the Wisconsin unemployment website and peruse it. If you are not already filing claims online, I would go ahead and do so...there is alot of info regarding status of your claim, what you have left available, etc. If you are not getting answers from the website, talk to a speciallist (usually the end of the week is better for reaching someone, vs. the beginning).
I am from Wisconsin, but further south than you.
Also, please be aware that beginning in 2012, when you file a new benefit year, there will be a "waiting week", which means any of us that have to file for a new year will not receive that first week of benefits...which really sucks.
I guess it's part of Act 32...sure, it may only be a week, but we all could use that week of benefits.
I am hoping by the time I have to refile for a benefit year in May, that I am working full time by then, but we'll see.
As far as that class you are taking...good for you! I am currently volunteering and am VITA certified for the basic tax returns. There is a facillity that provides volunteer based tax filing for low income and elderly people....one person whose return I prepared was very grateful for this service.
She has been looking for work for quite some time and after I suggested that she volunteer, she thanked me and gave me a hug;)
I just felt really good to be able to listen to their stories and try to provide a little something for them.
The volunteering is a win-win for me and for the facilities that I volunteer for and takes me out of this job hunting garbage for awhile.
Also, I have been trying to tackle some little projects around the house and am also a Team in Training mentor for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society.
As far as the class, maybe the teacher would have some job leads as well...you never know:)
Good luck & keep us posted!
DD

DD

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:35 pm

I had two interviews over a week ago... both on Ash Weds. I already received a letter rejecting me for the one. THis last weekend I slipped into another depressed state where I felt pretty bad. I am better now,, but this week searching for jobs has been pretty unfruitful. I sure hope this recovery is real.
God please take care of us all...

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8