Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB?

+2
Jobless_in_Ma
laca2011
6 posters

Go down

HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? Empty HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB?

Post by laca2011 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Can someone "with CA" help? Please.

I am currently in Week 3 of my final Extended Benefits (I have gone thru all Tiers, etc) from California until that runs out.

There is a chance I will be offered a job next month, but I know it is only for FOUR or FIVE WEEKS in total. If I take this job and there is obviously a BREAK in my claim, will I be able to "restart" and finish my final and remaining 10 or so weeks once that temporary job ends?

Or by doing so, will I be unable to start back claiming them and therefore LOSE the remaining weeks?

Also, if that job happens to be in a different state as my current permanent address (which is GA, where I moved after CA which knows and pays at my GA address now)? Ex: I am paid from CA but currently live in GA, BUT the job might be in FL (for example)? Could any of that affect reclaiming the remaining extended benefits as well, AS LONG AS I do all paperwork with my current and legal GA address?

I appreciate any advice you may have about this possible situation. I thought I knew the answer, but I wanted to confirm that my information is correct and has not changed.

Thank you very much.

laca2011

Back to top Go down

HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? Empty Re: HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB?

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:43 pm

Didnt you already post this question earlier today?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB? Empty Re: HELP! Anyone From CA: question regarding my FINAL 13-20 (tbd) weeks of EB?

Post by laca2011 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 pm

I moved it to the "CA section" where I realized it should have been in the first place.

Sorry about my confusion.

Thanks much.

laca2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:49 pm

OK no problem. I hope you get the answers you need.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:51 pm

I am going to change the title a little so members from CA can see it and respond. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by laca2011 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Thank you all for your help. I am so stressed about "messing up" with the job possibility one way or the other!

Regards.

laca2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:09 am

backflip

Back to top Go down

Post by TomW Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:54 am

laca2011 wrote:Can someone "with CA" help? Please.

I am currently in Week 3 of my final Extended Benefits (I have gone thru all Tiers, etc) from California until that runs out.

There is a chance I will be offered a job next month, but I know it is only for FOUR or FIVE WEEKS in total. If I take this job and there is obviously a BREAK in my claim, will I be able to "restart" and finish my final and remaining 10 or so weeks once that temporary job ends?

Or by doing so, will I be unable to start back claiming them and therefore LOSE the remaining weeks?

Also, if that job happens to be in a different state as my current permanent address (which is GA, where I moved after CA which knows and pays at my GA address now)? Ex: I am paid from CA but currently live in GA, BUT the job might be in FL (for example)? Could any of that affect reclaiming the remaining extended benefits as well, AS LONG AS I do all paperwork with my current and legal GA address?

I appreciate any advice you may have about this possible situation. I thought I knew the answer, but I wanted to confirm that my information is correct and has not changed.

Thank you very much.
laca2011, your situation is rather complicated so I think that it would be best for you contact EDD online (rather than by phone) and pose your question(s) to them. Just explain your situation very clearly to them and they will get back to you by email within 2 or 3 days. I have contacted them this way several times and they have given me very thorough, detailed answers. The page for contacting them online is:

https://askedd.edd.ca.gov/asp/frmEDDCOMM.aspx

Good luck -- I hope that they are able to answer all of your questions.
TomW
TomW

Back to top Go down

Post by laca2011 Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi all. Thank you for that advice. I did send an email to the EDD re the question but have not heard back from them. I am worried I will be offered the position BEFORE I have their answer!

Sorry to be annoying, but does ANYONE have a similar situation at least with RESTARTING their EB benefits after a short-term job??

Thank you all.

laca2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:57 pm

After a the short term job you described, you would go back on your old claim. You would not have to file a new claim when the temp job is over.

As long as it is only for the short duration you mentioned, you would be all set. Good luck. I hope you receive an official response before you get the offer!

Back to top Go down

Post by laca2011 Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24 pm

THANK YOU DesperateInRI!

Just checking: you do mean this for someone also on EXTENDED BENEFITS too, correct? Not just on the 4 TIERS? I know that EB has more stringent rules for the EB weeks!

Thanks so much again.

laca2011

Back to top Go down

Post by 99ermikeb Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:09 pm

If your EB doesn't run out before you start your new temp job, make sure you report your weekly earnings while you are working the 4 to 5 weeks.

You should still receive the 'weekly questionaires' you would get along with your unemployment check for every two week period, in the mail. Keep filling those out during your job, and send them back on time. Even if they pay you nothing for those weeks you work.

In the two week period after your job ends, fill out that you had no earnings during those two weeks and your EB's should begin where they left off.

You just need to keep the relationship going - by mail - while you're working.
It's no sweat! Keep doing what you're doing and be honest. Good luck!

99ermikeb

Back to top Go down

Post by laca2011 Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:15 am

THANK YOU!!

That makes perfect sense. So, by reporting that they pay me for those FOUR WEEKS, they do not DECREASE the amount of money I am still "owed" for EB weeks each of those FOUR WEEKS. Then when I say the job ended, the full remaining amount kicks back in and pays me the correct remaining number of weeks? Cool.

Thank you again. MUCH APPRECIATED.

laca2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TomW Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:50 pm

laca2011 wrote:THANK YOU!!

That makes perfect sense. So, by reporting that they pay me for those FOUR WEEKS, they do not DECREASE the amount of money I am still "owed" for EB weeks each of those FOUR WEEKS. Then when I say the job ended, the full remaining amount kicks back in and pays me the correct remaining number of weeks? Cool.

Thank you again. MUCH APPRECIATED.

I think that EDD may drop your claim, though, if they don't pay you anything for a certain amount of time, even if you do send in the paperwork. In other words, if they normally paid you $450/wk and you are earning $500/wk, that means that they would pay you nothing for that week. If that continues for very long, I think that they may drop the claim. I seem to recall this happening to someone in a forum that I used to read. That's why I think that it would be best to get the answers directly from EDD, rather than depending on hearsay.
TomW
TomW

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:54 pm

first off it is a job I have to assume it is more the UI...
but putting that aside... I though a bill was passed last year if you take a temp job you can resume your UI so that people did not pass up these short term contracts.. and they will see even if it is interstate ( I am a interstate 99er) so if you fill in that you are working week to week they keep it open.. A friend is in this situtation and he gets a check from CA UI one week not the next then 2 then not 3.. all depending on when he works.
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Zak Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Judi58 wrote:first off it is a job I have to assume it is more the UI...
but putting that aside... I though a bill was passed last year if you take a temp job you can resume your UI so that people did not pass up these short term contracts.. and they will see even if it is interstate ( I am a interstate 99er) so if you fill in that you are working week to week they keep it open.. A friend is in this situtation and he gets a check from CA UI one week not the next then 2 then not 3.. all depending on when he works.

You're talking about the EUC fix. That applies to tier benefits and not EB or Fed-Ed.

Zak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down