Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands

+2
503Depressed
Jobless_in_Ma
6 posters

Go down

Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands Empty Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Thousands of out-of-work Oregonians will get an extension on their unemployment benefits if they can't find jobs.

Gov.
John Kitzhaber signed two hurry-up bills into law today that add as
many as 26 weeks of payments to those who would otherwise be cut off.

"Although
we are on the path to economic recovery, there are thousands of
Oregonians who are still struggling," Kitzhaber said in a news release
announcing his action. "Extending unemployment benefits is a lifeline to
people in need right now."

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/03/kitzhaber_signs_bills_extendin.html
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands Empty Re: Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Great article although vague as to who these benefits are extended for. It doesn't really say those who have exhausted 99 weeks. Although I think it's interesting that there is money in a Federal Unemployment fund not being used at present.

Back to top Go down

Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands Empty Re: Oregonians: Kitzhaber signs bills extending unemployment benefits to thousands

Post by 503Depressed Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:47 am

6 Weeks for 99ers.

Text from State of Oregon's Employment website:

Senate Bill 637 allows for the continuation of the extended benefits (EB) program. The bill does not add additional weeks to the program; it allows the state to continue paying EB.

Senate Bill 638 allows for Oregon Emergency Benefits, an extension of unemployment insurance benefits for individuals who have exhausted all other extensions.

The first payable week will be the week of April 17-23, 2011. The department will send notice to all individuals potentially eligible. Be sure to keep your address current. Address changes can be made using the Online Claims System.

It is not necessary to contact your UI center at this time, as you cannot file for the extension early.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by lilypad Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:30 am

Thank you
lilypad
lilypad

http://www.realfreestuffforall.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:44 am

bounce
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:35 am

From: http://www.oregon.gov/EMPLOY/UI/extensions_overview_12-16-08.shtml

Overview
There are currently three benefit extensions available.

EB

EB provides an additional 13* weeks of additional benefits to claims that expire after May 1, 2007.

*High EB expanded EB from 13 to 20 weeks of benefits starting February 15, 2009.

EUC

EUC Tier 1 provides up to 20 weeks of additional benefits to claimants exhausting regular benefits, or whose regular claim expired after May 1, 2007. The last week to apply for EUC Tier 1 benefits is the week of December 25 - 31, 2011.

EUC Tier 2 provides up to 14* weeks of additional benefits to claimants who exhaust Tier 1 benefits with the payment of the week December 25 - 31, 2011 or before.

EUC Tier 3 provides up to 13 weeks of additional benefits to claimants who exhaust Tier 2 benefits with the payment of the week December 25 - 31, 2011 or before.

EUC Tier 4 provides up to 6 weeks of additional benefits to claimants who exhaust Tier 3 benefits with the payment of the week December 25 - 31, 2011 or before.

OEB-3

OEB-3 provides between 1 and 6 additional weeks of benefits to individuals who have used up all other available benefits. OEB-3 begins with payment for the week of April 17-23, 2011.

The weeks add upto 105.

It also states: "OEB-3 provides 23% of your regular claim’s maximum benefit amount. The weekly benefit amount is the same as your regular claim. OEB-3 starts with the week of April 17-23, 2011, and ends July 2, 2011, or when the money allocated to the program runs out. The Oregon state legislature has allocated $30 million for the payment of all OEB-3 claims; therefore, your benefits could stop before you receive the maximum amount of your OEB-3 claim.

OEB-3 is precluded by any regular, EUC or EB benefit eligibility. In other words, OEB-3 cannot be paid until all other benefit programs are exhausted. However, unlike EB and EUC, OEB-3 does not require base year wages of 40 times your weekly benefit amount. Therefore, claimants who exhaust regular benefits, and don’t qualify for EUC or EB, may qualify for OEB-3."

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Confirmed. SB 638 is for the 99ers, I've been one for about six months. I just got off the phone with my unemployment office (2hrs on hold) and I will be able to claim this week on the 24th and get a check next week. It will last up to six weeks or until the 30 million runs out, I don't see it going the whole six weeks but anything is better than nothing. When I was talking to the person on the phone she said they've been adding “ thousands” of people, it's going to be interesting to see how much higher the unemployment rate goes and we get a more real picture of whats going on.
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:52 pm

I've always admired Oregon. Now, I downright love it. It's nice to see a state that cares about its own citizens. And, one that understands the importance of this action to its economy...
Bravo.
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:15 pm

That's good news for Oregonians but 6 weeks isn't going to solve the problem. I guess it's better than nothing though.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:40 am

I forgot to say I would urge all my fellow 99ers in Oregon to call their unemployment office and find out if they are eligible. This is a quote from the Oregon employment site a few weeks ago.

“It is not necessary to contact your UI center at this time, as you cannot file for the extension early. The department will send notice to all individuals potentially eligible. Be sure to keep your address current. Address changes can be made using the Online Claims System.”

I never received a notice in the mail, and why would I? Don't they delete you after 99 weeks? The last time I talked to them they had my current address and still no notice. And when I called them today they asked for my current address.

I feel this is a blessing (at least the government/state of Oregon cares) for US with no income, I just want to make sure as many people as possible can get a little help.
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down