Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Job Scamming EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Job Scamming EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Job Scamming EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Job Scamming EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Job Scamming EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Job Scamming EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Job Scamming EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Job Scamming EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Job Scamming EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Job Scamming EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Job Scamming EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Job Scamming EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Job Scamming EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Job Scamming EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Job Scamming EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Job Scamming

Go down

Job Scamming Empty Job Scamming

Post by sbraney Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Rec'd a very disturbing call from my niece last evening regarding an "interview" she had. There's a number of firms out there that are advertising on all job search engines, and even recruiting out of universities claiming to be seeking entry level marketing/sales management. They put her through a very lengthy interview and then informed her that she would be contacted at a later time if the managers were interested in a follow-up. Well, they did indeed contact her - and she was sooooo excited as you can imagine in this atmosphere. She was told to "clear her afternoon and early evening" and was invited back for a second interview where she would actually work with the "management" team and receive a hands-on opportunity to see exactly what her new responsibilities would entail. Well, she got herself all dolled up and arrived where there were others waiting and then each of them was assigned to a "manager" and driven into center city Philadelphia where they proceeded to make cold calls in as she described it "the most poverty stricken neighborhoods" she'd ever seen in her life. People would scream obscenities at them - she was scared to death. The problem was that she was so struck with shock that she just didn't know what to do. They stopped to get something to eat - "dutch" no expense account - and she was told that she was welcome to go home - just get on the bus - she had no idea where she was and still needed to get back to the office to retrieve her vehicle and some personal belongings. (I just figured out what she should have done - she should have taken out her cellphone and dialed 911.) As it turns out they were selling LIHEAP for Exelon (PECO) - I'm sure the firm was very successful at it's so-called marketing campaign, because they didn't pay half their labor force... I've filed a complaint with the FTC, and fraud alert notices to each of the job search engines - especially Careerbuilder to investigate, although after further research, it turns out that they burn up an area, and move on changing their name - their website remains the same, but their name changes. I'm sharing this in the hope that others aren't scammed. Thank goodness that she made it home safely - sometime around 9:00 PM, but extremely depressed and disappointed. (I know a senior executive at Exelon and I'm going to contact him this evening - anytime the fraudster receives a complaint he insists that he'd never be doing business with fortune 500 companies if he weren't legitimate.) We'll see.

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum