Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How long have you been without unemployment benefits?

5 posters

Go down

how long?

How long have you been without unemployment benefits? Vote_lcap87%How long have you been without unemployment benefits? Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 13 ]
How long have you been without unemployment benefits? Vote_lcap13%How long have you been without unemployment benefits? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

How long have you been without unemployment benefits? Empty How long have you been without unemployment benefits?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm

How long have you been without unemployment benefits?

On March 30th, it will be exactly one year.

BLeep BLeep BLeep BLeep BLeep

Last edited by kemcha on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

How long have you been without unemployment benefits? Empty Re: How long have you been without unemployment benefits?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 pm

March 30 for me too!

How long have you been without unemployment benefits? 806957

Back to top Go down

How long have you been without unemployment benefits? Empty Re: How long have you been without unemployment benefits?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:41 pm

This really sucks ... I'm waiting for the revolt that will be coming soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:43 pm

May will be one year for me. MAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:50 pm

I really dont know how you guys have managed to survive with no income. Myself I no longer have any 401 or investments or anything should I still not have a job by the time my 99 weeks hits...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm

March 28th will be a year for me. I highly suggest if you can go back to school. Community college is paid for and you will have money left over. Its important to keep your mind sharp and get out and meet new people.

I get to use the gym too. How long have you been without unemployment benefits? 20799
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:I really dont know how you guys have managed to survive with no income. Myself I no longer have any 401 or investments or anything should I still not have a job by the time my 99 weeks hits...

You have your family. That is what is important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 pm

The one thing that helped me was that I had received $6,000 between my contributions to Target's 401k program and the contributions that Target had contributed. I did the smart thing and had my contributions taken out after taxes. I only ended up with a 10% tax liability.

From December 2007 (it took a few months to process my unemployment because of Target acting like gremlins) and I ended up, between Federal income tax returns and 99 weeks of unemployment to survive ... it wasn't the high times but I managed to wriggle through the past two years.

It helped that I had my family for support.

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:58 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:March 28th will be a year for me. I highly suggest if you can go back to school. Community college is paid for and you will have money left over. Its important to keep your mind sharp and get out and meet new people.

I get to use the gym too. How long have you been without unemployment benefits? 20799

In April it will be one year without benefits for me. Getthem's advice is very good- anyone who has a roof over their heads and a way to get there should indeed go back to school!
I did that last Sept. I found out about ARRA funds available to a community outreach agency that was awarded ARRA(stimulus) funds for scholarships for people who fell within the economic guidelines(which of course, with no income, I did). Everything was paid for- tuition, supplies and mileage for gas, but I took a Citibus pass instead, and they paid for that! You may have to do a little research, but help IS out there!
See? Stimulus money did help me and countless others- JUST WISH I COULD FIND A JOB!!!!!( and i am looking EVERY FREAKN" DAY!)

CLO

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:11 pm

12/7/10
I sold lots of things---even CDS, but ran out of things to sell. I have another market research study gig next Thursday that is a half hour energy drink taste test for $35. Got $50 for a market research thing that meant TP & gas. Wink Every little bit helps. Will get $2130 for participating in this very long, confined medical research study. Won't qualify for much in terms of food stamps next month but I can keep my car & pay most of my utils. There is a food bank I can go to that will help. It has been really rough.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Keep the replies coming. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:06 pm

My husbands been a 99er since sept. 2011. We lost our home that we owned for 15 yrs. and moved in with my MIL. Emptied his annuity and our rainy day savings long ago. We have sold tools, cds, movies, video games, our wedding rings are in hawk. Luckily we've known the owner of the pawn shop for years, he is a friend of the family. He is keeping everything we have in hawk for us until we can afford to get it back. Family has been mostly supportive except for one or two. We are running out of things to sell and my car will be off the road soon because we cant afford to renew the insurance.

My husband is going back to work as a union electrician. We are just waiting to find out when the construction project starts which should be any day now.

I am looking into going to school. I never received any benefits as I was self employed part time.

Both of us have been trying to get a job, any job, for over 2 yrs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuwanda Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Its been far too long..I dont even want to count the weeks..Thank god for Family or we'd be homeless.
Nuwanda
Nuwanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:55 pm

I don't have much longer. I think 4 more weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down