Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
My Rep in So California Brad Sherman EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

My Rep in So California Brad Sherman

5 posters

Go down

My Rep in So California Brad Sherman Empty My Rep in So California Brad Sherman

Post by Judi58 Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Just received a “Do not reply “email from Brad Sherman my rep… saying that I should go to his site and let him know my issues… OK I go.. On the Federal Issues not one thing about unemployment… so I call…
I get this young man who says he will pass my concerns on to Mr. Sherman and they will be address and as he is trying to get me off the phone.. I ask would you like my name and number???? Or are you going to drop the piece of paper in the thrash… he stumbled a minute took my info but I will guarantee that the piece of paper went right into the big round thrash can….
So much for my REP caring…
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

My Rep in So California Brad Sherman Empty Re: My Rep in So California Brad Sherman

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Unfortunately, this is the same attitude that the U.S. Senate seems to be taking as well. Do you know that I have sent off quite a number of emails to Debbie Stabenow and that she hasn't bothered to send one single reply to any of them?

It's become evident that the U.S. Senate has started ignoring their constituents.

Back to top Go down

My Rep in So California Brad Sherman Empty Re: My Rep in So California Brad Sherman

Post by Kathy Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Me too Kemcha! At first Debbie would send me a standard form letter but that was a year ago. Now I hear nothing and that is wrong, they seem to forget they work for us!
Kathy
Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Judi58 wrote:Just received a “Do not reply “email from Brad Sherman my rep… saying that I should go to his site and let him know my issues… OK I go.. On the Federal Issues not one thing about unemployment… so I call…
I get this young man who says he will pass my concerns on to Mr. Sherman and they will be address and as he is trying to get me off the phone.. I ask would you like my name and number???? Or are you going to drop the piece of paper in the thrash… he stumbled a minute took my info but I will guarantee that the piece of paper went right into the big round thrash can….
So much for my REP caring…

Hey Judi58.....I live in So. Cal. too Rancho Cucamonga and my rep. 26th district is the WORST one of all. David Dreier...He and his staff seem to be ARROGANT JERKS. They don't care about any unemployment and tell me every time I call that It's not the governments job to get me a job and that there is not any money for unemployment under no exceptions. There is not any money to spend. That is unless it's for DEFENSE!!!! Then the repubs. seem to think it's ok. He makes me CRAZY
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Exactly. I believe I have sent about six emails since December and I haven't received a single response. Not even a form letter. And nothing on resubmitting S.3706.

Like I said on the old UFF, S.3706 was simply a trick to get voters to re-elect Democrats. I also said that failure to pass Tier 5 would cause them the election. It's just funny how things work out.

The key to the Democrats regaining control is to pass unemployment benefits for the 99ers until significant job creation starts putting those 15 million unemployed Americans back to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Kemcha...
I know you saw the letter I posted from Diane Feinstein I too have been writing her asking why the do not RE-INTRODUCE S. 3706 but nothing back in response and nothing back from Reid or Stabenow either.

I guess it was just a WARM & FUZZY to get through the elections. Stabenow should be ashamed of herself after advocating that much and dropping us like a bad habit. At least have the Courage to say why you are now not supporting it & no lame azz excuses saying because the republicans wouldn't let it get through anyway.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by HelpNow Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:55 pm

kemcha wrote:Exactly. I believe I have sent about six emails since December and I haven't received a single response. Not even a form letter. And nothing on resubmitting S.3706.

Like I said on the old UFF, S.3706 was simply a trick to get voters to re-elect Democrats. I also said that failure to pass Tier 5 would cause them the election. It's just funny how things work out.

The key to the Democrats regaining control is to pass unemployment benefits for the 99ers until significant job creation starts putting those 15 million unemployed Americans back to work.
Your Congressman wouldn't have anything to do regarding resubmtting S3706. That was a bill introduced in the Senate.
HelpNow
HelpNow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I think what kemcha was implying was that he heard nothing back from Stabinow about 3706. Neither have I.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Wow Helpnow...
This is just a relaxed enviornment I don't think anybody is being so offical. You seem to want to correct everything that people write. I think we are all aware that S.3706 was a Senate bill.

I think Kem was just saying that it seems to be the way that both the House & Senate are going. They go ballz to the wall with a bill, and get our support then drop the correspondance out of nowhere as if it never exhisted.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Helpnow, did you read my post? I didn't mention anything about my Representative. I simply mentioned the U.S. Senator from my state and that S.3706 wasn't reintroduced.

Back to top Go down

Post by HelpNow Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Sorry I misunderstood. The topic was about a Congressman so I thought the person that you had sent emails to was a Congressman
HelpNow
HelpNow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Well, the OP was talking about their Representative. I was speaking about Michigan's U.S. Senator who sponsored S.3706, which remains in the trashcan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Why are you fighting? Question
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Wha-? Not me ... Very Happy I was just saying ...

My Rep in So California Brad Sherman 305108

Back to top Go down

Post by HelpNow Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:04 pm

No problem here
HelpNow
HelpNow

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Sorry, My comments were not to start a fight. I apologize if I offended Helpnow.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by HelpNow Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:48 am

superstevies wrote:Sorry, My comments were not to start a fight. I apologize if I offended Helpnow.
No offense taken
HelpNow
HelpNow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum